Afraid to ask what's next

susiestar

Roll With It
It sure has been a whopper of a week and a half.

Had the hot water heater go out after a storm. After we just got it fixed.

Then we had several BIG storms roll through.

Now I have no electricity in my living room and the hot water heater was only getting power intermittently, so we turned that circuit off at the box too.

Haven't been able to get ahold of our insurance agent. There were a lot of people with lightning damage after this round of storms, more than usual.

Social Security has completely lost my disability application. For the 3rd time.

And we did not get the mortgage modification we wanted. We meet ALL the guidelines, in fact they said we are "perfect" candidates for the federal program. The bank doesn't lose money doing this as it comes from a big pool of federal funding. They just don't want to do it. This is as near as we can figure it out.

I did see a report that most banks are not using the federal program simply because they don't want to, even if it means more foreclosures. That is what one person interviewed said.

And my little black cat has gotten terribly skinny. She is healthy but must eat and drink more. Turns out that Capn Morgan hasn't been letting her near the bowls and husband cut down the amt he was feeding because Morgan is getting fat.

I put food and water in our bathroom for Gracie. Morgan is not allowed in here because he keeps trying to climb my curtains. So she has a sanctuary with food. I don't want her to lose any more weight.

Just needed to unload. NO idea how to pay for an electrician unless the house insurance covers it. We can barely make the other bills.

School is out tomorrow. Last day of the year.

Any ideas are welcome, as are prayers and bead rattlin' that things will improve soon. I am feeling down and shaky, esp as there is so much I cannot do to help things.

Thanks.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm sorry it all seems to be coming at you at once. Hopefully something will change so that the things you need will happen. Sending prayers for positive...

Wiped Out

Staff member
Saying prayers, crossing body parts, thinking positive thoughts. I'm sorry you are dealing with so much at once. Gentle hugs.

DammitJanet

Well, does your school district offer a free lunch program during the summer so that kids dont go without food for the entire summer? Ours does. Anyone can go as long as they have a kid with them. I used to take the boys and now sometimes we take Keyana. For the kids its free and for adults its like the cost of regular lunches.

About the disability application, Susie I am confused. In all the years I have known you on this board I didnt know you had worked. I know your husband has worked but not you. I know he isnt working right now though. Are you attempting to get SSI just for the periods of time he hasnt been employed because if you havent worked enough quarters in the last ten years, you wont be eligible for SSDI on your own record. This means they count your husbands income and I would doubt you would qualify but maybe you would.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Seriously, do not ask "what's next"!!! Instead keep telling yourself and saying out loud that "Better things are on the way, I just know it. Things will work out - they always have a way of working out" and believe it.

Sending positive thoughts your way~

M

ML

I'm sending prayers and lots of positive thoughts. It's not been much better on my end.
Big Hugs, ML

Star*

call 911........call 911
Susie*,

OKAY KID!!!!!!O!

I DO NOT KNOW YOU TO BE A PERSON TO LAY...LIE....LAY? VERBAGE .....Sorry out of topamax and head is crunching today....and DF is making me batty.....ARGH (when I retire I'm going to work 4 jobs so I will not be at home) being out of work? Not so bad...being at home having mini conversations every 12 minutes with DF? MAKING ME NUTTY. (runs screaming ........) -and I think (being conspiracy theorist.....is this part.....of. his. evil. plan. to. get. ME. back. to work. sooner?) OR. DOES. HE. REALLY. LIKE. ME. BEING. HOME?) runs screaming again. this time flailing arms. and. rolling. in. grass. like....like. I'm. on. fire.

Okay. So lets look at this situation. Step by step. What can we do to minimize what we can?
1.) All the lights and water heater. -
Possible solutions?
a.) Read a book. Can you do any of this yourselves?
b.) Barter for services on Craigslist.
c.) Barter for services with an electritian.
d.) Get candles.
e.) Heat water/chop wood. (check with local ordinances - can you build a fire in city limits to heat wood outside?)
f.) Stay dirty. (ewwww)
g.) Stay dirty, get really smelly, sit in insurance agents office smelling. (ding, ding, ding, ding)

G. Winner.

2.) Social Security has lost your application 3rd time.
a.) call them - do you have all day to sit on phone? Well you could use the phone in the agents office - you're trying to stink it up
b.) drive there and wait - how far are they from you.
c.) bonus if you leave from agents office smelling and wait in ssi office smelling (see I am an evil genius) double bonus points if you take the entire family and look like the Beverly Hillbillys, triple bonus points if you take everyone and all of you act like difficult children. I bet THAT would hurry it along. Be sure to take YOUR copies so they can copy your copies to expedite your application.
d.) Ask to speak to the director, explain your application has been lost three times - this also happened to DF twice. Do you know how ridiculously hard it is to get a 93 year old woman to go from her farm house to the post office in the basement and dig out a 53 year old box of records in a fruit cellar for a birth certificate for DF it was in a North Dakota? O.M.G doesn't even cover it...then to have to get someone to take it somewhere to get an official copy and do it TWICE??? Witch Slap...and double flying Witch Slap doesn't even cover it. So yeah - send in your paper work third time - No. Thank. YOU. I'll drive there and we'll hand it to you in person with an appointment was the only way it was happening again. So .....

D. ding, ding. ding. WINNER. sans the witch slap - cause ....well obvioulsy....you won't get a check.

3.) LOAN MODIFICATION.

a. YOU QUALIFY?

they don't "Want" to do it? naught ah.....there is no "we don't want to". It's a federal program. I would be getting ahold of someone I'm not sure whom. But there has to be a greivance process or something. I would not take this "we don't want to" I would appeal their decision. WHAT do you have to loose? More time?

A.) DING, DING, DING ---winner....

4.) Black Kitty not getting food?

a.) Simply dimply - food in the bathroom - behind closed doors with a booster feeding.....mix 1 can with some dry....and feed him alone until plump. You may ALSO want to worm him (to be on the safe side) if you could afford it you could have him tested for Feluke....but I'm thinking you know a ton about cats and have the problem. under control. cats give off signals we have no clue about - so thinking - he's being taught a lesson for something - you or I can't understand.

As far as blowing off steam - I Soooooooooooooooo get it.

Love ya!

Hang in there ------or just hang em.....;)
Starbie - the rope saleswoman Barbie -

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Just lots of {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}... It all happens at once... Praying, crossing body parts, and rattling beads through a haze of Onyxx's incense.