African Elephant

K

Kolleen

Just lost my whole, entire post!!!!!!!! Grrrrrr!
will recap:
Went back to Alanon Parent meeting last night. Haven't gone in my 3 mo hiatus. Now that sonnyboy is in an apt., and unemployed these past 2 wks, life is returning to the rollercoaster.

Some thoughts from the meeting:
Detaching: We have carried our own issues around in our personal backpack plus our difficult child's baloney in another pack. I'm tired of lugging such a heavy load! I am only going to carry my personal bag of issues, no one elses!!! He's much bigger and stronger than me, let him shoulder it.
We deserve to have a life. During the 3 mo things were quiet I was another person!!! WHO KNEW!!! I want that back! I resent not having my own life. Tired of being terrified of what is going to happen next.
Enabling is the same as disabling. Sometimes looking at something in a new way turns on a light bulb. Would we ever intentionally disable someone nooooo!
Where we focus our attention is where our energy goes. If we are focused on difficult children all the time..... we don't have any energy for anything else. No wonder I haven't had any energy in the past 2 wks.

OK here's a giggle to clear away a couple cobwebs for today. Take care.
Stay strong!!!

From the diary of a Pre-School Teacher :
My five-year old students are learning to read.

Yesterday one of them pointed at a picture in a zoo book and said,

"Look at this! It's a frickin' elephant!"

I took a deep breath, then asked..."What did you call it?"

"It's a frickin' elephant! It says so on the picture!"

And so it does...

picture of elephant goes here with the caption

" A f r i c a n Elephant "

beneath it

Hooked on phonics! Ain't it wonderful?

Last edited by a moderator:

rejectedmom

Cute Joke! Glad you are going to meetings and getting the re-inforcement to live your own life fully. It's a process with a substantial learning curve. Keep at it though because it is well worth it. -RM