After 21 months in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) then another 18 in ...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
therapeutic group home, we're finally seeing some improvements in wm. Huge improvements for wm.

wm is beginning to recognize himself; he's developing a sense of self along with a small sense of empathy & respect.

Again - for wm this is huge.

We had a staffing earlier this afternoon - wm sat in the meeting & read each objective & responded to each goal. How he felt he was doing. He was honest about goals he needed improvement on.

Even "confessed" to just dumping instead of sorting the recycling (one of his chores) when he wanted to do something else. He was accepting of feedback.

Our entire team (along with therapist) was in attendance. Attachment therapist commented that she was proud to be a part of wm's team. A team that works together & insures the treatment plan is followed. She'd never seen such a smooth flowing group of people when it could be so very adversarial.

by the way, the CD board jinx doesn't work in this case because wm doesn't live under my roof. :smile: That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

tiredmommy

Linda,
The jinx wouldn't apply because you aren't saying wm has become a easy child, but rather he's shown improvement! Congrats to you & your son for all the hard work that has brought him this far.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Happy to hear of improvement with wm....WONDERFUL!</span>

:flower: :thumb: :kisses:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Yes, it was a pretty positive meeting. I couldn't stop smiling as wm practically ran the meeting. I was impressed with his ability to sit down for an entire 45 minutes & talk with 9 adults around him.

It could change tomorrow - today I'll take the success.

On_Call

Linda,

What a great positive post. Wm sure is showing growth! How great! Joining in the Happy Dance here in NY!

Enjoy. It is uplifting when our difficult children 'see the light'.

Way to go!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
While I am so proud of wm & the advances he's made I have to keep things in perspective. My boy has a long way to go.

At least, we've seen some not so baby steps in the right direction.

I called each of my siblings & my dad last night to share this - they were all so excited over the progress.

Linda, Great news!!! :smile: It's so nice when all that hard work begins to pay off... :smile: I'm looking forward to hearing more good news about wm's accomplishments... WFEN