after a grueling 4 mos.........

Jena

thanks guys. i do appreciate it. i've given her a break from arguing over shakes. said kitchen's yours eat whatever you want. i just have to make sure you get enough in at some point during day. she won't drink pediasure janet never would. i'll give myself a heart attack trying trust me i've been taking xanax to sleep at night because the stress has been tremendous with all tha'Tourette's Syndrome gone on. we aren't doing shakes, we are doing whole milk with- protein at some point during day. clearly she has deficiency's yet i think the key is here now handling this the right way so she doesn't go in shut down mode again. my little difficult child oh man you guys can see how she is from my posts she is one complicated kid and the slightest thing will put her back to where she was, she's like the wind each day. you just never know where she's giong to go.

doctor's were shocked as i was that she gained what she did off an average of peanut butter and one protein shake a day, yet iv'e kept her activity to zero besides doctor's miserable or not i dont' care. she needed the weight. she's hating me thru this yet again dont' care. neither of my kids are fans of me at this point.

i can only say as i'm sure most of us would not the way we invisioned parenting to be. she was up till 1` a.m. last night eating. tutor's start in two weeks. i cant' begin to express what my schedule looks like. it's the most insane thing i've ever seen. each day is accounted for, scheduled, between all the doctor's and tutor's. this is our life now. :)

i appreciate the support i really needed and still need therapy yet literally can't find alone time to go. if it wasnt' for here don't think i would of gotten to this point. still alot of work ahead yet now the hospital thing is further out of my mind. for now. trying not to get too excited. it just seems like i'm always fixing my world, or my ppl in it. its' time to fix me Lol. seriously though. i need some hard core therapy, venting sessions.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I am just grinning all over the place!!!! YAY!!!!!

Out of curiosity - grilled cheese and peanut butter are really sticky, always glue themselves to the inside of my mouth. Sounds odd - but if she's eating them - peanut butter is loaded with protein. So this is good!!! Jett loves peanut- butter and cheese sandwiches - would she?

H

HaoZi

My daughter won't touch the pediasure stuff either, but she does like the Special K shakes. She used to drink the Slim-Fast ones to be sure she got her nutrients until kids started picking on her for it.

Marguerite

I was wondering - a favourite of mine when I was pregnant, was peanut butter, honey and banana sandwiches, I sliced the banana (not mushy banana, ripe but still firm) and laid the slices on a slice of bread buttered with peanut butter. The other slice of bread was spread with honey. Put it together, cut into 4 small squares and eat - carefully. The honey and peanut butter do tend to hold the banana pieces in place though.
Also cutting it into small squares makes it easier to manage, and to put the rest in the fridge if it's just too much for a shrunken stomach.
If you want to add a chocolate touch, use Nutella instead of the honey and/or peanut butter. Or sprinkle on some drinking chocolate.

Not to be eaten if on a strict diet, of course. But loaded with protein, carbs, potassium, growth factors...

Marg

Jena

she wont' do bread yet, we're taking it easy. tongiht she had another grill cheese, wonton soup we ordered chinese. didnt' eat the won ton's yet i think tmrw i'm bringing that to the refeeding therapist the actual soup in a container. she loves that stuff.

i know it's odd peanut butter because she can lick it and keep it in her mouth and it slides down with-milk really good. little by little. it's probably in my head yet to me her hair looks a tiny bit shinier and i see a small very small glimpse of color in her cheeks today for the first time. she picked up something tonight and said well ok not yet but very soon i'll be eating you again! lol

days are hard though still didnt' add in zyprexa in am. till i get doctor's ok on it. hopefully the jerky will call me back soon.

M

ML

This is great news about the weight. I also really hope you get that time for you, Jena.