After Friday's great day...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
we have suspension number 2 from day camp. If he gets one more, he's out.

I had to go to camp yesterday and talk to him for incessant screaming, but they didn't send him home yesterday.

Today, he lifted a girl's dress with his foot. When the counselor asked why, he told her he just wanted to be mean.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I don't suppose it was the same girl...?

Also... In defense of wee difficult child... Why the heck is a girl wearing a dress to camp?!

Well... Good with bad... What are the next set of options, if he's kicked out?

Andy

I would LOVE to meet your difficult child! He sounds like such a sweetheart.

"Just wanted to be mean." :rofl:

Do these people not know about normal child development? Isn't that just typical 6 -7 year old behavior? So he gets suspended for being a kid?

How does he get a chance to mature when the adults are not helping him? If it was me, I would hold back my giggles and tell him that we would prefer he not be mean here and to not do it again. End!

Suspeneded! I just shake my head and roll my eyes.

TerryJ2

I have to admit, I chuckled when I read that he lifted the girl's dress with-his foot, "just to be mean."
I am sorry.
I had a borzoi who used to do that with her long nose. She loved to go up to preschoolers with-poofy dresses, and flip the up the skirts with-her nose. The girls would scream, and the dog, who was nearly as tall as they were, would smile, I swear it.

I've got my fingers crossed for your difficult child.
I think they could be a "bit" more tolerant at that camp.
You need some time off and camps are moms' sanity savers!

Last edited:

Wiped Out

Staff member
It does sound extreme to suspend for that. I am sorry-I hope you don't get that third call. Hugs.