Agenda from school for Buddy's difficult child core team meeting....thoughts?

buddy

This is the agenda that just got sent to me for our "core team" meeting (not the IEP meetings we also hold, this is to specifically adress the bip and process--no changes to IEP ever, just methods/materials/training etc) We meet every 3 weeks....teacher, psychiatric, admin for sp ed, my Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) home psychologist always comes and advocates really well, me, sp. ed teacher/case manager, Speech Language Pathologist (SLP), Occupational Therapist (OT), DAPE teachers...and that is not the whole team that meets for the IEP! Really, if not for the admin, this is an awesome team. So after I sent an email and phoned the behavior team here is the agenda. You have read my posts, anything you would add??? I dont want to give away too much about hospital. right now...

(I'm gonna cross post this under my update in general in case anyone has any ideas there....)

difficult child Core Meeting Agenda 10/31/11
  1. What is going well
  2. What are current challenges
  3. Update from home/doctor
  4. Transition back to school plans/ideas
  5. Bringing in Ms. Koziy (SHE WAS THE BEHAVIOR TEAM AIDE WHO TRAINED THE LOCAL SCHOOL AIDES WHO WERE ALREADY BURNED OUT/FRUSTRATED WITH difficult child BUT I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO CRITICIZE THEM ....JUST TO BUILD UP THAT SHE HAS THE SPECIAL EXPERTISE NEEDED) to monitor consistency
  6. Purpose of behavior plan
    1. What is our goal?
    2. What data are we collecting and why?
    3. What is the data telling us?
    4. Is it working? Are parts needing to be adjusted?
  7. Focus on the behavior plan (and not just behaviors and consequences) – how do we make sure that we are all on the same page?
Other items?

Next meeting – Date and Time

L

Liahona

Is the behavior aide going to take care of admin problem? I'm glad to see you've gotten her back.

buddy

Well, I think they are saying they want her to drop in every once in a while to see if the other aides are doing what they should be doing. My guess, if that happens they will be "ON" and we will get nothing but, they are doing a great job... (I said last time I heard that, I know they try hard and that he is a challenge. I am just saying that telling him they are writing down everything he says and are going to give it to mr. sp. ed. administrator does not seem like part of the plan. that is an anxiety provoking threat which may stop a behavior for a minute but with the increased anxiety, everthing else falls apart--even at home...plus NO denying their data showing plan working until the day she left) So, we are probably going to still have to discuss this.