ah ha moment

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well then hon..........E

GO GET THOSE GLASSES! I'm unsure of wine, I missed the class on being a world class Sommelier - but I beleive a few of our members could point you to a vintage that would go perfectly with any meal.

Jena

yea yea wait he lied again to me today!! what is this man thinking is he wanting a divorce? because he's lining himself up nice for one. we made a deal he wouldt'n tell ex wife where i was taking my step daughter. the reason is she'd tell step daughter and than my difficult child woudl find out her bdy surprise. shes wicked that way.

so he even went on to give me an entire story how she wanted to know please you can tell me blah blah and he said no. their usual back and forth play. sick! so today she texts me ofcourse even though time was already set up and said oh what spa you taking them to?? stepdaughter was queit in truck we get to the block up to plot and she says SPA is where we're going.

its the principal of it yet again. he just fabricates all the time lately. i never know what is coming out of his mouth is true or not

DammitJanet

Jen are you asking if I ever hated Cory...or even Jamie? OMG YES! I think it was at least once a day and twice on Sundays regularly for most of their lives and I still do at least once a week now. There is no one who can push my buttons faster than my kids. Of course, then I will get woken up at about six am to a very sick 6 foot tall, 24 year old "toddler" who whines to me "Momma, Im sick" as he climbs into my bed...lol. What am I gonna do, tell him he cant? I just scoot over and let him crawl into my bed with me! He is my baby...lmao. Yes we have the strangest relationship.

I am betting that doesnt make you feel better does it? LOL.

For years our lives were absolutely consumed by the boys. I actually thought that when they were grown Tony was going to ask me to leave because he only stayed with me to parent them. I didnt think he saw me as anything other than the boys mother. Thats all I felt I was...a mother. And not a very good one at that. I have had a revelation about that though. If I was such a rotten mom, I think the boys would have run for the hills the day they legally were able to hit the door. As it is, I cant run them off with dynamite! We must have done something right for them to want to be so close to us.

When they were younger though it was rough. We had to take each day...heck each hour, at a time. Just getting through those times and hitting the bed at night was a success. You werent here for Cory. He was hell.

susiestar

Roll With It
Jen, it is actually normal and healthy to super strongly dislike what your kids are doing at times. Even though you love the kid with every fiber of your being at the same exact time - you STILL want to strangle them!! Our kids can push our buttons faster than any other person, being or thing in the entire universe except our mothers. And we CAN learn to ignore our mothers. Not easy, but possible or so I am told.

As for will she stop wetting the bed? MAybe yes, maybe no. Did she ever get tested for the tethered cord? If that isn't addressed the bedwetting won't stop if I understood the docs in Oregon. It will also cause/contribute to many other problems. I know that she freaked on the MRI. Make the appointment to have her either sedated or anesthetized for the procedure. To sedate her they will give her something like versed (very strong benzo - awesome stuff that mostly only the anesthesia people get ahold of). If benzos are a problem for her, or she will fight the sedations (it is to make them calm and sleepy but not put them under), then insist they anesthetize her. Yeah, she will fight the iv and the medications, but they will get her out and do the test. Jess had to have this for the last MRI. She was out for the test plus about 5-10 minutes. She was groggy and not coherent, but it wasn't a really big deal. NO reason why it cannot be done for your difficult child that way.

You will likely have to get the docs to justify it to the insurance co, but they can. If the copays/coinsurance is a problem, go to the dept of health and human services website and see if they have waivers to help sick kids with medical bills. It would give her medicaid and the insurance her dad has, which would mean no copays. I don't know if she is eligible, but don't just assume she isn't.

DammitJanet

There is no way I can do an MRI without sedation so I feel for her. And by sedation, I mean versed. Just valium wont do it for me.