Ah, the thought process of a difficult child

So Tink climbs in my bed this morning to snuggle a little.

After about 10 minutes of hugging, tickling, and butterfly kisses, I yell OW because her toenails (that she will not let me cut) scratched my leg.

She says "aw, let me see" and pulls the comforter off. She looks down at my lower half and goes "Oh mom. Gross. GROSS!"

"What? What's gross?"

"You are sleeping in your underwear."

OK folks. I had on a nightshirt. One that goes to my knees. Perhaps it rode up during the night. Wait, who cares? I'm in my own bed sleeping in a nightshirt! MY bed!

"Tink, it's a nightshirt."

"But it's gross. I can SEE your UNDERWEAR."

"Well, don't look then. Sheesh, this is what you look like when you sleep in a nightgown."

"But I don't HAVE a nightgown!" Keep in mind folks that about a year ago she decided that she was too big to be wearing nightgowns, and even more recently she stopped wearing PJs altogether, preferring to sleep in her clothes. "ALL my nightgowns are too SMALL!!"

...and I suppose THAT it why it is gross for me to sleep "in my underwear" (would she have preferred the alternative? A night shirt sans panties? Oh no, I am supposed to have shorts on. Riiiight)

Be warned, ladies. If you decide to sleep in a nightshirt, make sure your daughters have nightshirts or nightgowns that fit them, or you too will be gross.

You have been put on notice.

;)

crazymama30

3 years ago when my mother in law visited she slept with difficult child. He had a double bed, we had no extra room. She slept in a night gown. With no underwear. That stopped real quick. difficult child slept on the couch. Why would a grown woman sleep in bed with a 7 yr old in a night gown with no underwear??????? That is gross.

Well, maybe not as gross as Tink seeing your underwear. Poor thing must be traumitized for life now. Lol

KateM

Oh,BBK,didn't you that moms never know what is really "fashion", including sleepwear. Even at 17, my daughter thinks my great wardrobe is in serious need of an overhaul. She threatens every week to nominate me for "What Not To Wear".

But I haven't been called " gross" yet! Gotta love their way of thinking!!

TerryJ2

OMG!!! ROFL!
Thanks for making me laugh.

Obviously, her taste will save you a lot of $ on Victoria's Secret catalogs.
:queen:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I too am rofl! Definitely difficult child logic! by the way, my difficult child too chooses to sleep in his clothes instead of pajamas.

KTMom91

What is it with the sleeping in clothes thing? Miss KT did that, too.

If sleeping in jammies is gross, what about in the altogether?

Andy

Oh our dear Tink, you have just learned why bedrooms are private - so people can sleep in underwear and not gross other people out - don't go into anyone's bedroom while they get ready for bed and before they get dressed in the morning. Yes, it really is gross sometimes! :surprise:

:rofl:

If difficult child catches me sprinting from the bedroom to the bathroom with only a long night shirt covering my underwear, it's, "OH Mom!!! That's just nasty!" in his most that is shockingly embarassingly disgusting.