Ah yes, that searing stab to the heart called betrayal

hugs farmwife...i feel for you.

not that it will help you, but i actually *MOVED*. literally. i couldnt stand a second more of a budinksi extended family.

even in moving, it never completely goes away. mother in law thought i was a lousy mother and difficult child 2's problems were all my fault, and could certainly be solved if i enforced a mandatory sit-at-the-table dinner hour.

i kid you not.

Farmwife

In laws issues are pretty common I see, how cliche...lol This seemed like the perfect family when I joined it. Boy did they have me fooled. I do care deeply for all of them and thankfully none are malicious. All of their relative nuisance habits and behaviors are innocent-ish. They can't help who they are or who they have been for decades.

I've had some fun along the way though, it's my twisted and cold calculating sense of humor. I love to cook and what do ya know my first pan of shared biscuits was a flop. I didn't have to contribute to this particular meal but did anyway. Grandma (Atilla the) Hen made fun of them and called them "hard tacks" in front of everyone. I could have died. Since then I have tirelessly perfected my biscuits and they rival anyones, I'm talking amazing biscuits. husband and difficult child agree that they make Grandmas taste awful and they are right because I have compared. Now on the occassions that I make them and I know they are phenomenal I make sure to announce that I brought "hard tacks". Makes me smile on the inside. A couple years later Grandma realized the breads we brought over were from scratch a skill she admitted to me that she never picked up. Apparently she only knows biscuits and here I was making baguettes that took all day long to proof and quadruple rise to perfection. lol

After I get over the hurt I generally take a persons negative opinion of me as a challenge to improve myself beyond their imagination. My baguettes are better than from the artisnal bakery and it all started with deep shame over the first batch of "hard tacks" at the family dinner table.

send me a few biscuits and baguettes so i can tell for sure....i'm a pretty good judge of what constitutes good baked goods. (throw in some cupcakes and cookies and it'll sway my vote in your favor).

you are seriously scaring me, ROFL...where on earth do you find time to live on a farm and have difficult child's and bake all these delicacies????

i'm formally inviting you to my house, where nothing ever gets done, and we hang out by the pool and drink beer, and if it can't be cooked on the grill we pick up the phone. you need a break from more than the in-laws!

just dont steal any dust bunnies on your way out...i'm going for the guiness book of world records!

TerryJ2

Wow! Awesome.
Have you ever had real hardtack? We live in a Civil War area and the re-enactors always show off their hard tack but banging it against the tins they carry. Scary stuff.
You sound like a wonderful baker.
Confuzzled, LOL! I want to hang out by your pool and eat Farmwife's baguettes!

Farmwife

It doesn't take any skill at all. It just takes a dash of mania and a sprinkle of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Voila, I can accomplish anything but relaxation!

I get all sorts of plans for hobbies aka "danged fool ideas". I'll do something totally off the wall, for instance...I took up sewing for a couple weeks. A guy coworker who was a good friend commented on how his wife would like a dress like I had made myself. I looked up the measurments for the size he said she was and made her a custom dress overnight and had it to give to him the next day. He had a shocked look to say the least but "got me" so it was cool.

I am a poster child for what a grown difficult child turns into, after the rock bottom, financial woes, legal troubles and life disasters pass by. : )

As for my difficult child. last night I went and spoke with the person who was the victim of this situation, aside from me that is. He seemed to down play it all but I sense there was more to it all. If nothing else it served to remind this person of who difficult child really is. While visiting my baby diva did something cute. Went to see other family today for a visit and they already knew the cute thing she had done. *bangs head on wall* So I am assuming some sort of other tid bits had been passed on along and there is a murmur that maybe maybe maybe settled some dust on our road. difficult child isn't looking great but they tolerate him so I couldn't ask for more. It will be easier for him to get a new reputation as he matures than it would be for me to have to redeem myself so too bad for him.

All's well that ends well or in our neck of the woods; "All's insane as it always was but no new excitement".

I really must stop going to these lengths to amuse myself. lol by the way, we drink beer IN our pool. It's an above ground, inflatable top, walmart number. The guys just get out to go tinkle behind the machine shed. We are a class act!! (I can't believe I just admitted that)

TerryJ2

ROFL!!!

I'm glad things have settled down. I suspect difficult child will come up with-something else, so I hope youi--and the extended family--are better prepared.
Sigh.