AI last night

I was disappointed, it was a pretty bad show. Tough songs.

Jordan did fairly well, considering the song choices.

Melinda did NOT sing up to par.

Lakesha? Meh. She sure tried.

Blake...ok dude, the "beat boxing" is getting old.

Any guesses on who will go? I'm not sure, I'd say Blake or Lakesha. Toughts?

Well, I was sadly disappointed as well. Being a true Bee Gee's lover and Barry Gibb is so danged talented I really expected an awesome night of songs. Why did they all pick the more obscure, not so well known songs?

Jordin wow'ed me with her first song, and then I was SOOO excited to hear she was going to sing A Woman In Love as this was my song to husband at our wedding reception. She did ok with it but honestly, my cousin sang Barbra Streisend's socks off when she sang it for us at the reception.

I love when Blake beat boxes, sometimes, but these were songs he could have just sang out and it would have been much better.

I fear it will be Blake or Lakesha tonight as well.

Till tonight,
Vickie

On_Call

I think Jordin did the best of the night, too.

I also fear that it will be Lakesha or Blake. I think the beat boxing dealy is pretty cool, but agree with Randy - doesn't have to be a major part of every song. I think he knows its unique and tries to work it into everything.

Melinda had a hard time, but I think she'll get through til next week.

If I had to bet, I'd say Lakesha will be signing off tonight. Do we know what they're going to be singing next week?

Ephchap

None of them truly wow'd me last night, but then again, that's a difficult genre for most.

Jordin was the best of the night, but nothing spectacular.

Melinda sang well, but it just didn't wow me.

Blake had his biggest night last week, and he must have thought that meant he had to put the beat box in all the time. I think that was a huge mistake, even though he totally wow'd me last week and I like him.

I think I'm over Lakisha. She never listens to the mentor's advice and seems to have trouble staying in key and tune.

Bottom two will probably be Blake and Lakisha. It's anyone's guess who will go home.

Deb

Lothlorien

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think I'm over Lakisha. She never listens to the mentor's advice and seems to have trouble staying in key and tune. </div></div>

agreed!

I didn't get the beat boxing last night. It just wasn't good. Bee Gees songs would be really great with it though.

I was totally floored at the comments Barry gave regarding Jordin.

Jording and Melinda for the finals!!!

I thought they both did awesome last night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was totally floored at the comments Barry gave regarding Jordin. </div></div>

I forgot about that part, Loth! Didn't he say something to the effect that he felt she could be the best female singer EVER?

Pretty heady stuff for a 17 yo to handle. I hope she can deal with all she will have to deal with, being soooo young. I know she seems so very mature for her age, but part of her IS still a 17 yo girl.

Don't get me wrong, I am certain she will win and she deserves to, she is awesome. Just the mommy part of me worrying about her! :smile:

Hugs,
Vickie