AI

M

ML

I wasn't feeling James last night :( He is still my boy though. I really hope he comes in the top 3.

What did you all think? Who was your favorite? I missed part of it but thought Pia was great and belongs in the top 3 as well.

DDD

I also missed alot of it last night so can't really give an accurate opinion. From the other room I "think" I heard Stephano and the skinny decked out kid trying to sing in a different way. Neither one sounded great to me...but then again I wasn't in the room with television. The girls I saw did well. I guess I'll have to watch the recap to figure out what I missed. Sigh! DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Me too. I opted for Survivor so I missed the first hour. I'll be watching the recap, too.

Suz

Marguerite

Sorry - I clicked on this out of curiosity. I'm an Aussie farm girl, and AI means artificial insemination. And you said you weren't feeling James - had your unborn baby (or perhaps expected calf from recent AI service) stopped moving in the womb?

Gotta be careful here...

Marg

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Don't forget. Out of respect to our West Coasters, no mention about who got kicked off until tomorrow! It's really tempting to talk now :faint: but we have to be good.

Suz

M

ML

manster cried for 10 minutes when Pia was booted. I thought she should have been in the top 3 for sure. I suppose you just to realize the biggest audience for the show is teenager girls. Manster, being an almost teenage boy is likely to be disappointed every time lol. He swears he won't watch the show any more but I'm sure he will.

Jody

I am not watching American Idol anymore. I cannot believe what happened last night. Stefano, Jacob, Paul should of gone way before her. I sure hope that Scotty is the American Idol.

shellyd67

It sure was a shocker !!! I love the song Pia chose. It is one of my fav's... anyhow, wow ! I am still a die hard James and Casey fan !

Lothlorien

I wonder if the judges are wishing they hadn't used their save yet. I bet they are really kicking themselves now. Though I like Casey a lot, he got voted out early because he wasn't giving the audience what he gave the judges in Hollywood week. He should have gone. They were way to hasty using that save, in my opinion.

Lothlorien

Oh, maybe some of you would know better than me....I feel so bad for James. I notice they pull the camera off of him a lot because he's doing the eye twitching thing. He's got such bad ticks. He seems to be able to control them if he knows the camera is on him, but when he is unaware, he's really twitching. I'm just curious if a shot or two of Botox would help him with the excessive twitching his face does?

Nancy

I would think the judges should be sorry they used their one save too. Actually part of this is their fault. They think everyone is terrific and give very little critcism. They need Simon back to tell it like it is. I am not a Casey fan and his reaction when they saved him said it all. He is not going to be the next idol and I'm not sure what his problems are but he should not have been saved. I'm not saying he isn't talented but they wasted their one save when Pia should have gotten it.

It does appear as though the young teen girl vote is what is dictating this. I wish they would change the voting so as not to be a popularity contest decided by a certain interest groups. I really don't care who wins now and probably won't even watch it.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I wondered if the judges regretted their early save, too. They partially explained it that night that they wanted Casey to go on tour with the group and saving him at that point allowed him to. I think he has ulcerative colitis or something like that.

Loth, I worked with a student with Tourette's years ago. It was so difficult to control his tics that when he relaxed they all just kind of came out all at once. It sounds similar to what you have noticed about James- that he is working to control them when the camera is on him but he relaxes when he thinks the camera has moved away.

I was very surprised that Pia was voted off this early when there are a host of others who should have gone before her. Still, I didn't expect her to win. I think there is little question that she has the best voice of the lot-----but, for some reason, she didn't seem to connect with the audience like some of the others have. Fortunately, Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson are good examples that getting voted out early doesn't have to be to her disadvantage.

Suz

Nancy

I think there is something else with Casey. When they saved him they had to bleep out several things he said, he didn't seem to have the ability to supress it, he looked like he was going to vomit too. Also at the end of the show he had a doctor attend to him and even go out on stage with him, they showed that on the next episode. There have been other subtle hints that something is going on with him, it has been mentioned more than once that "you can do this." His eyes seem to be wild to me. I'm not ragging on him, I'm just saying there is something about him that has my antenna up.

I would have been OK with Pia being in the top three. I realize she didn't connect with the audience, or at least that's what a lot of people said, but that can be worked on. Look at the guy who kept closing his eyes (I forgot whcih one that was), talk about no connection. Pia still had the best voice and would have been very marketable.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
He kept using the F-word. That's why they kept bleeping him. I think he was genuinely blown away with modesty/flattery that they chose their one veto vote to use on him. I remind myself that he's only 19. I know I felt old at 19 but recognize now how truly young that is. I attributed his reaction to immaturity, as well as probably still being somewhat weak from his hospitalizations.

Suz

M

ML

Manster tics like this which is one of the reasons I want James to do well. Not just that, I really do enjoy his music. I hope he makes the top 3.

Nancy

It's interesting that people make excuses for him but they don't for Pia, who admitted to having stage fright and perhaps that's why she comes off as aloof. I didn't realize he was so young. I thought Paul was the young one. I'm not against Casey, he has talent. I hope that this whole thing causes them to change how the voting is handled.

Nancy

DammitJanet

well I wasnt surprised at the bottom 3. I was surprised that Pia went before Jacob but either of them going was fine with me. I hope Jacob goes next.

I have wanted the voting changed for years to how it works with the other shows where you get so many votes per phone line and email address. As it is, I can vote as many times as my little fingers can push my go button for 2 hours! And trust me that is a lot of times I vote for Scotty every week...lol. I would hazard a guess that I vote darn near 200 or more times every night. Easy. At DWTS, I can only vote 10 times.