AI

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I've been complaining about the voting system for years, too. It's why I don't vote at all- it doesn't seem worth it if they can load the ballots like this. There is something fundamentally/morally wrong with this.

At least we now know that we can blame Janet for Pia getting booted out and Scotty staying. ;)

Suz

DammitJanet

LOL...Scotty wasnt even close to the bottom three! Trust me... have calluses making sure he stays up there. You better get your dialing fingers happy too for him!

Marguerite

In Australia with the very first Australian Idol, the bloke who won (Guy Sebastian) was a member of a very large Hillsong-type church. His church was jamming the voting lines for him.

Interestingly with Aussie Idol, each year it has generally been the runner-up or other, who has had the better career.

I have a young friend who was in the first Aussie Idol - she could have taken the opportunities and done a lot with them but has her own issues which give her a fear of the very limelight she craves.

Our youngest ever Aussie Idol winner, Casey Donovan, was 16. She brought out the mandatory album, it did OK, then nothing. She's just now beginning to re-start her career. Fabulous voice, though. But the process was very cruel to her.

Marg