Alec Baldwin - he's the pig

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I was thinking about intimidating bullies that are sometimes a parent/spouse. If you are unable to go up against a bully, you have to go around direct confrontation and do something else. If you can't get the bully to let go, you may have to do something else.

I don't know the ins and outs of this particular couple. Imagine if you are married to a bully. He/she will not back down and is like a dog with a bone. He/she will not admit defeat. You divorce but he/she uses the child as the vehicle of continued harassment. You can not get him out of your life and still protect your child. The courts insist on letting the parent have access to the child(rightfully so)Unfortunately, there is constant brow beating from the bully but you are finally resolved to not back down. How do you combat the private humiliation that a bully needs to go on? Maybe shining light on the bully and bring it into the light is the only way to let others see what you and your child deal with on a regular basis. It deflates the bully's power.

I disagree that all parents talk like this to their frustrating child. It's simply not so. Talking angrily or being frustrated is different than trying to break a 11 yr old down. Threats are ugly to anyone but intimidation and threats to a child is bullying and not frustrated parent.

On the other hand,in this case, the mom may be trying to humiliate a man who won't back down(for whatever reason).
Like I said I don't know the ins and outs of this situation but I just asked myself why would a very private parent air this sort of ugly dirty laundry? My first thought was that maybe it was the only way to shine a light on the ugliness this child lives with.

The scars on this 11yr old are probably already there from years of parenting dysfunction due to divorce.
I was just putting myself in their shoes. </span>

On_Call

I agree, Fran, I'll bet if this is status quo with Alec that Kim just had had enough. I know that if anyone left a similar message on either one of my munchkin's voicemails (if they had one) that I would do whatever I had to do to make sure it never happened again. I also know that some children are forced into visitation schedules that they don't want and I cannot imagine forcing either of my children to spend time with someone who they did not want to be with.

I, too, suspect that this behavior on Alec's part is not a new happening and that this child has been through more than we will ever know - or should know.

I am also a firm believer that some people should not have been married in the first place. husband had an army buddy who married a local girl. No one thought they made a good pair but the two of them. When they split, it was ugly. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Ended with the hubby getting custody of the children and moving them to Colorado. The wife moved out of the area, too.

We still don't know the whole story, but don't want to know, either. That's the difference between us 'regular folk' and celebrities, I'm afraid - they don't get to make that choice because some people will consider that entertainment. Extremely unfortunate situation, for sure.

donna723

He DEFINITELY has anger issues, whatever else may be going on here! This all sounded VERY familiar to me because my ex- was (is!) just like that!

I've witnessed this myself, more times than I care to remember. It's like once something happens to unleash their anger (like the childs phone being turned off when he tried to call her) it all just starts pouring out of them! What started it in the first place might be almost inconsequential, but once it's started, there's no stopping it! My ex- could get this angry and out of control simply because he didn't like the expression on my face! The venom just pours out of them and the anger just escalates and escalates until it's ridiculously out of proportion to whatever kicked it off in the first place. It's certainly bullying and intimidation of the highest degree! And most people who do this are unapologetic about it afterwards. My ex- saw it as ... if I was awful enough to do whatever it was that angered him (like looking at him wrong!) then I deserved to have the full brunt of his anger unleashed on me, because it was my fault! He felt justified, even smug about it, because he had convinced himself that I asked for it! They are indulging themselves by venting all their anger and frustrations towards whatever unfortunate person happens to be their target! Sounds awful, but it's almost like they're verbally "relieving themselves" on whoever they're raging at! That may be what's going on here too ... poor kid!

DazedandConfused

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know the ins and outs of this particular couple. Imagine if you are married to a bully. He/she will not back down and is like a dog with a bone. He/she will not admit defeat. You divorce but he/she uses the child as the vehicle of continued harassment. You can not get him out of your life and still protect your child. The courts insist on letting the parent have access to the child(rightfully so)Unfortunately, there is constant brow beating from the bully but you are finally resolved to not back down. How do you combat the private humiliation that a bully needs to go on? Maybe shining light on the bully and bring it into the light is the only way to let others see what you and your child deal with on a regular basis. It deflates the bully's power. </div></div>

Thank you for putting it so well, Fran. I was thinking along the same lines. My "Spidey" sense is telling me that this was not the first time Mr. Baldwin has acted in such a manner. Bullies generally hide being the cloak of secrecy and being covert allows them to continue their behavior until someone, or something, with enough power makes them be accountable and stop. I think this child has been going through this sort of thing for years. Though, I have very mixed feelings over the public airing of the recording, I can see where the other parent would do consent to doing such a thing.

During the last presidental election, Mr. Baldwin announced that if George Bush was re-elected he would moved out of the country. Too bad he didn't keep his word.