Alien Abduction on the first day of the year...

F

Frazzledmom

difficult child just loaded a ton of wood pellets on the porch without even a suggestion. All I said was thank you (another resolution I have is to treat him like a contributing family member, not a prince) but I wish I could be a bit less cynical. What did he do last night or what does he want so that he needs to get on my good side? He's NEVER done anything like this before. I really do think it's an alien thing, seriously.

tiredmommy

Go with it... veteran warrior moms will advise you to enjoy the good behavior while it lasts. And remember that it doesn't last so you aren't lulled into a state of complacency when his difficult child-ness resurfaces.

DammitJanet

Agree with TM, enjoy it while it lasts. Im betting on he wants something. Either there is a girl in the picture and he wants money and the car, or he is setting you up for some big upcoming event.

The old...But mom, see how responsible I have been...yada yada. LOL.

B

Bunny

I have to admit that I don't trust difficult child when he suddenly, out of the blue, asks me if there are any more chores I want him to take on, or if I would like him to do a load of laundry for me. I usually think to myself, "What is he after now?" But I agree with the other when they say to just go with it and hope that it last a good, long while.

Happy New Year!

Pam

H

HaoZi

We can still hope his friend and friend's parents set a good example that he admired. ;)