Aliens have stolen difficult child's bad attitude,

crazymama30

and wow they left me all the good!!! (insert nekkid chicken dance to ward off board curse). We increased the Daytrana to 15mg yesterday, and all I have seen so far is positive. I was very nervous about this, but I guess psychiatrist is a psychiatrist for some reason, he does know a thing or two. Yesterday was good, last night he had some anxiety, but he also had the 24hr stomach flu. That alone will give me anxiety. difficult child hates to vomit. Just hates it.

Today kids are home from school. He is feeling all better. He has been missing the toilet, and the floor behind it was yellow. I had him clean it, and he did it the right way the first time. He complained a little bit, and I told him to hit the toilet and then he would not have to do this anymore. He did not argue. This kid argues over everything, I could look at a red flower and he would argue that it is blue.

He left a banana peel in the living room, I asked him to go pick it up, and he did. Again, the first time I asked. I am ready to faint by this point.

He started to sit at the computer, and I said "do you think you should do your homework before you play on the computer?" (notice the ?) He left the computer and got his homework. JUST LIKE THAT!!!! OMG. I am now pinching myself.

He finishes his math homework, and then goes to get his spelling. He says he only has to do one page, but he is going to do them all so he doesn't have to do anymore of it this week. At this point I want to know who slipped what into my coffee, because I must be hallucinating.

easy child has a friend over and difficult child has not annoyed the holy tar out of them.

Let this last. This is awesome. Even if it doesn't last, thank you God for showing me difficult child's true potential. I have journaled this day so I can read over it when I get discouraged.

susiestar

Roll With It
It is truly wonderful when we get days like this with our difficult children. Glad you are journaling it, that record will help sustain you during rougher periods. I hope the medication continues to help your difficult child.

Andy

:alien::alien::alien: Send those aliens my way. Do they take any bad attitude, even the very nasty 18 yr old daughter ones? They can have both my kids' attitudes. :alien::alien::alien:

M

ML

I'm really glad you are seeing some improvement and I pray that this is the first of a great period for him (and you).

lizzie09

lizzie
Gosh Adrienne isnt it awful that the easy child has that attitude....I know it too well.
If its not the difficult child its the normal ones!!!
Why do they have to get to the stage that they hate us???? Why?? LOL.

trinityroyal

CM30,
Wow! Long may it continue.
I'm glad that you're journalling this, so that you can treasure these memories.

Right now, I would happily give my difficult child away free with a bushel of apples. Do you think you could send your aliens my way when you're done with them?

Trinity

Andy

Lizzie - I think they get to hating us and getting us so angry that it makes their moving out of the house easier on everyone. So hard on parents who have the best of relationships to send their kids out into the world. Me, I will be relieved for her to take those real steps into the world. (Then I will hold my breath waiting for when she decides mom did know best and wants to come home for more learning.)

TerryJ2

Way To Go, Crazymama. I hope those aliens keep the bad attitude forever.
I love it when my difficult child actually does what I ask him to.
We're only up to a huge "NO!" then waiting a few min, and then doing the chore.
Sometimes he'll insist he said, "I know," instead of "No."
Right.
Can't seem to get rid of that "NO!" even if it's something he wants.
"Ice cream?" NO!
Busch Gardens? NO
"Uhhh, wait, I meant ... uh, yes."

Keep it up, CrazyMama!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
FAAABulous!!! I just LOVE those days when believe-it-or-not their medications are working and the planets are all aligned and you suddenly feel like you've actually got a easy child hiding in there and he/she managed to come up to the surface for a while! WHOA! Give me some MORE of whatever made THAT happen!

Fabulous! I hope you have so many more days like this that it starts to feel like life has always been this wonderful :D

lizzie09

lizzie
Yes Adrianne! I have just come to realise myself that you are definitely right.

It has to be the next step before leaving or even contemplating leaving the nest. I am sure like me you never thought you would be waiting in eager anticipation. When I think of all the years I enjoyed so much I never would have thought I would feel this way. Thers are two big PCs and one smaller one!
When you think back on the good days you realise that nobody could leave unless there was a serious change in dynamics as they grow up. Sigh! Pity things have to change.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Could you put that in a bottle and send me some at the D.A. Ranch?

OMG I am SO elated for you!

Hugs