All you Gardners out there?

witzend

I have a trumpet vine that I planted the first summer we moved to this house. So, it has been quite healthy for the past 5 summers, growing quite large. But so far, not one single flower!. I like it (a little) for what it is, which is a nice place for the birds to perch between feedings at my feeding station, but I would really like flowers!

It's South facing, and well supported, so it gets plenty of sun. I've tried watering lots, watering little, feeding some, feeding none, severe off season pruning, letting it be, everything I can think of. Does anyone have any ideas of what it is that I am missing? I bought it from Costco and split the original plant with others and theirs are blooming, so it's not that it was a male. I'm stumped and just about ready to dig it out in the fall.

Trumpet Vine in Bloom

envisablepuppet

I do the gardening thing and have many, many flowers. The trumpet vine I'm not sure of. It might be one of those plants that have to be established for many years like the Wisteria that takes six years to get it's first blooms. I'd looked it up online and see what it says.

Good luck. They are a beautiful plant :smile:
Lea

nvts

Hi! I planted these things called "cosmos" and they look like trumpet vines with really red "flowers" on them. My husband put tomato fertilizer on them and they took off like wildfire. I had no idea what they were going to look like because difficult child 2 decided to be helpful and threw all of the seed packages away!

Hope this helps!
Beth