allergies, cold...what in the world is this?

N

Nomad

For the past ten days I have had a runny nose and watery eyes. I have also felt extreme fatigue and now I'm starting to feel down in the dumps. My appetite is a little off (not losing any weight though) and my mouth is dry. I do not have a fever though.

Questions...is this a cold or an allergy? Anyone ever have symptoms like this? Is it doctor time in your opinion? I hate going these days.

Ideas?

crazymama30

If it is not getting better? It is doctor time. Allergies (I think) are usually worse in the morning and evening, colds and/or infectious stuff really does not change, and will get worse with activity.

N

Nomad

My hairdresser has been complaining that her allergies are bothering her, but they usually do so for a couple of days only.
I called the doctor's office and they said 10 days is too long. So, I went in and they gave me a prescription. I obviously had mixed feelings about it, but didn't want to take a chance. This past week was a doozy.

Marguerite

It does sound potentially like an allergy to me.

However, I also agree you need to get to the doctor. My sister J was self-medicating for what she thought was a cold that was hanging on, from December. By mid-January, she was breathless. And that is when she began to see a doctor. Thankfully she was already on prednisone when she found one morning she couldn't breathe. We know now, that it is the prednisone that has saved her life. At least for now.

J was initially self-treating (as you would). It never hurts to get a medical opinion, just to be on the safe side.

Marg

N

Nomad

Spent the day practicing good self care.
Got in to see the doctor and I'm now on an anti-biotic.
I also saw a massage therapist who worked on my head, back and chest.
I feel a little better and am very hopeful for a better day tomorrow and a much better week!