Allergies

Lothlorien

Cripes!!! The winter was so mild here this year. Apparently, since the weather really didn't dip low enough, we have mold spores from rotting grass and leaves that never froze to get rid of the mold. Ugh....

I'm still taking antibiotics from getting bronchitis. Today, on top of blooming trees and flowers (several weeks too early) the mold spores are through the roof. I was sneezing all morning. I took a chlortab (chlortrimeton) at 2 and within 1/2 hour the difference was amazing. My allergies are so much worse this year than ever.

I've also develped asthma in the last year. I've never had it before. I have never smoked. However, at 42, I developed asthma and am so sensitive to even candles, smelly soaps and even fabric softener.

Goood grief!

tiredmommy

Allergies are bad here too. Duckie can usually take a short break from allergy medications in the middle of winter but she just couldn't this year. Our spring temps have made her allergies horrid already. Usually, maple sap is just beginning to run now, and trees would be pollinating within the next week or so. Maple pollen has already been at high levels for at least a week. This is bad for us because Duckie's moderate maple allergy primes her up for her severe grass allergy. Usually, grass doesn't pollinate until at least mid-April here but it could start any time. :(

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Bad here too. I bend over and I have Niagra Falls going on and that is with the allergy medication. I'd hate to see me without it. Nichole and Aubrey are already having issues. And I noticed today that Connor's nose has started.

It's awful that the tree I'm super sensitive is one I think is one of the most beautiful blooming trees........and obviously many other people do too because there are a heckova lot of them all over town.......and they're blooming early.

DammitJanet

Allergies are bad right now. Cars are yellow no matter what color they are supposed to be every morning even if you hosed them off the night before. I have a horrible allergy to wisteria. That lovely purple flower that grows like a weed all over the place. Its beautiful and I would love to have it everywhere in my trees but I would be absolutely miserable. We had to spray plant killer to get it out of all the trees around us when we moved in here but still, its all around us down here. Not to mention the ragweed and white lace flowers that are weeds. I went out yesterday and my nose was dripping constantly. I picked up allergy medications for all of us.

Lothlorien

Janet, the yellow cars will be us in a few weeks. It usually starts end of April early May for us, but I suspect that the season will be much earlier and a lot worse this year.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yep, up here also, the allergies are bad and kicking into high gear now! I've started my annual springtime daily intake of claritin, so has difficult child. Stinks! Soon, I'll be wiping down windowsills and closing the vents in my car.