Almost done with school!!!

StressedM0mma

difficult child has one more day this week, and then finals Mon-Wed. Then we are finished. I am so happy that we just made it through the year. I think she may only pass a couple of classes, but at this point we are just happy we made it.

difficult child realizes that she is not going to pass World History this year, and she actually brought up the idea of taking it online this summer. She seems motivated to do it. I tild her she will have to pay for half of it. It isn't that expensive, but she had the opportunity to take it for free during the school year. Plus, husband thinks she may be a little more serious about it if she has to fork over some of her hard earned cash.

So, I have a call into her lazy Guidance counselor to see if it is an approved course.

Here is hoping summer goes smoothly. Good luck to the rest of you

buddy

I am SOOOOO happy you guys made it to the finish line. How great is it that she did not just blow it off??? I hope that her actions match the words. I think it is brilliant to split the cost.

How is she doing overall?

T

TeDo

That IS good news Stressed!! I am glad she will only have to repeat one class. Given how things went, I wasn't sure. I am also glad she is motivated. Splitting the cost is only fair as far as I'm concerned. The logic behind it is very reasonable. Is she willing to do that?

StressedM0mma

There are other classes that she has to retake. But, she can make them up over the next year. The thing that really saved her is that she already had 3 H.S. credits before she ever started H.S. I think she will get a D in Bio, but she wants to retake it next year to bring her grade up. She dropped Math and Spanish 2, and is retaking them next year as well. But she will not be behind at all for either. If she can keep her act together, she will be able to graduate on time.

She is doing O.K. overall. Not horrid, but not wonderfully either. She has her moments. Yesterday was a pretty good day. I got pleases and thank yous instead of demands. Today? Who knows. We still argue every morning on getting out of bed. It is better though, because she is actually going on time every day. So, that is a huge accomplishment. We will see what the summer brings.

DammitJanet

I have no idea if you want to do this but you could probably finish all of those subjects online this summer if you wanted to do that.

StressedM0mma

Janet, we are seriously considering it. She has several to make up, and I think she could do it since it would be on her time to get it done. I just need to hear back for the S.D. to see if the course we found is accepted.

notsureeither

Stressed Momma,
I am going through a very similar situation with my son. He is a Sophomore also and we have 16 days left of school. When it comes to school, he could care less and does the least amount of work necessary to demonstrate that he is in class. While at the start of the year he got C's and a D and an F, we were at our wit's end, of course he blames every one else. Getting him to do any form of homework or studying is like pulling teeth out of your own mouth. What frustrates me the most is that he is a bright kid, promoted to Chemistry and could have taken a harder math. He just doesn't care. IF he does his homework and studies for his exams and that's a BIG IF, he could get an A, two B's and two C's and this is from doing cursory work. But boy does he love working his part time job! $$ He thinks it is the world. It is so hard to let go and watch him nosedive. Its so painful. How I will get through summer is beyond me. Good luck with online courses. I'm hoping she will do fine.

DammitJanet

I found out way too late in life that the one thing that motivated Cory was money and if I had life to do over again I would have paid that boy to go to school, behave and pass his classes. When he was in school he simply saw no point. I also wish they had online school at that time too but it wasnt available. I know it isnt available in any of the counties close to me and dont know if its available anywhere in this state. At least not free like it is in some states. SC has a wonderful program which I have heard people rave about.

StressedM0mma

We considered online school for her, but difficult child needs the socialization, and one of her major anxiety issues is school, and we want her to learn how to cope with it. She will not be able to hide for people her entire life. I am hoping for online summer school though.