Almost enrolled!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
YIPPEE!!!

I just got a call from the online high school. It has been hard to get a return call from the admissions office so I have not known what is going on.

They finally got all of THEIR end done so that they can send the transfer to our local school. Then the state will pay ALL her education costs except the cost of the computer and the internet service!!!

They said that she should be up and running by the end of the week!!!!!

Yippee!!!!!:tongue:

N

Nomad

Sounds good and hopeful.

Ya know, an on line school has been advertising locally and heavily here in the last several days. I wonder if there is a great need.

susiestar

Roll With It
There are all sorts of reasons why online high school makes sense. One of the biggest, in my opinion, is that teens learn more effectively and retain more of what they learn in the late morning to early evening hours. They just do not do as well with classes that start at 7 or 8 or 9.

Many SDs are starting to contract with the on-line high school programs. It seems to be fairly a good option for many kids.

This program opened up in OK last year. But they took very few students. This year they have opened up to a LOT more students and have expanded to offer this as young as 6th grade.

Lothlorien

That's great! I wish they had that when I went to school! I hope this becomes an option in our district; if not for my kids, for kids who just can't handle the high school situation. What a great idea!