Aly was in a Talent Show!!!

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
OMgoodness, haven't cried such tears in a while! :D
Our Miss Aly was in a school talent show yesterday and did a hip hop dance to the Spice Girls song "Tell Me Whatcha Want".

Teacher let her borrow this awesome, sparkly costume that actually fit her 5'4" 125 lb body and she looked so awesome!

She stayed with the music, doing moves I didn't know she had, along with a few cheer tricks. She got the whole crowd into it and she sparkled inside and out!

Several teachers, school psychiatric, principal and other parents came up to me and had tears in their eyes and said how wonderful she did.

She owned that stage! She is so proud of herself, I am soooooo happy for her! I couldn't have done that kind of thing all by myself, wow, she has come sooo far and, just...wow!

She will be coming over today and spending the night with me tonight and going to church with us in the morning. For the first time in a long time, I can't wait till she gets here!

Just seeing her up there made me realize that all that anger I was buried under was melting away and that I NEED to be her Mom, even if it is from different addresses, I am still her Mom and she needs me as much as I need her.

I am hoping someone took pictures, I was too emotional to even think about the darn camera that was in my purse! The local paper was there, so I am hoping they took some pics.

:cheerleader::princess::woohoo::jumphappy:

Hugs from a proud and happy mama,
Vickie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What a shining moment for her and for your mommy heart as well :D

It's moments like these I try to remember when things are falling apart!

I'm sure somebody in the crowd took pictures -- just ask around and I'm sure another parent has some they could share with you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
WAY TO GO SPARKLEY KID!!!!!!!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vickie - I'm sitting next to MB - so you're going to have to PASS THE KLEENEX!!!!!!!

Sometimes being away IS a good thing. I had a pretty good visit today with Dude too!

Hugs
Tears
PRIDE
Joy
Star

TerryJ2

Awwwww! Too funny about forgetting to take pictures. I'm sure someone got them, though. Email the teachers on Tues. a.m.
Congrats!!!

klmno

That is great, Vickie! Not only for you and the family, but I bet this goes along way for her with the adults and other kids at school. This could be real positive reinforcement for her- making friends, getting a little extra help from teachers/staff, feeling good about herself, etc.

I'm glad you got to see it, too, and have YOUR proud moment!!

It is nice to hear that you had a good day with Dude, too, Star! (I knew he had it in him!!)

Steely

Soooo good to see that you are able to start finding some peace in your heart regarding your relationship with Aly.
Continue to keep moving forward, little step by little step.

meowbunny

Acually, I think Star was next to BBK, but I was on the other side. Think we all used a box of tissue on that one!

It sounds like it was wonderful. I'm so happy for you.

LittleDudesMom

Vickie,

you and Ally were due to some positive experiences together! I hope the weekend continues to be positive and she sparkles always!

Sharon