Am back (almost) and with a lot of Thank you's

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Thank you all so much for the good wishes, prayers, juju, and naked chicken liver dances. LOL

Have been suffering with Diverticulitis since Sept and should have gone in to see what was up in November as I knew something wasn't quite right. But, just blew it off with my usual "I am perfectly fine" positive attitude, everything is ok, blah blah blah, I can handle this. And for the first time, it didn't work so well :( I had a colonostopy test on the 5th and on the 7th was in ER and ended up having my small colon removed for a severe blockage and am hoping when I heal I can get rid of this dang bag I have to have for the time being. doctor told SO had I waited another day or two, I would have been dead and instead of my dear friend TM writing a post I was ill she would have had to write one that I had gone. That was kinda scarey for my beloved SO - me not so much as I was pretty well out of it and nothing was registering with my brain till after the fog had cleared a bit.

I have learned a few needed lessons from this - 1. Stress can and will do you in maybe not right away, but eventually - doesn't have to only affect your heart, but can affect your stomach - big time. 2. Eat right and make sure you have a lot of fiber in your diet, and exercise, even if it is only a walk around the block. 3. LISTEN to what your body is telling you, and do NOT think you can diagnose yourself via the internet. Its ok to check with friends to see if anyone has had a similar symptom, but at the end of the day call the doctor. Had no idea of looking up "pain lower left abdominal quadrant" would bring up so many things it could be.

And last, do not blow smoke up you know where to loved ones. I didn't realize exactly how selfish I was insisting all was ok when it really wasn't - seeing my SO and kids cry as they thought they were going to lose me - THAT was a real eye opener. Somehow in the moment of dealing with difficult child's and life in general, we never ever give a thought to ourselves- of course, our children are so important, our husband's and SO's are so important, OUR importance in the whole scheme of things seems to get pushed to the end of the line.

Its getting too hard to sit but I did want to thank you all - you are all wonderful friends. I do keep up with you all -sometimes I don't know what to say, or I see to much of my younger self in your difficult child's and I don't know what to say, sometimes it is too painful to look back and I just can't say anything, but you are all never far from my thoughts.

Hugs
Marcie

witzend

Big hugs back to you, Marcie! How scary! I'm with you on the fiber thing. Even if we think we're eating enough fiber we still take a fiber supplement every day. Better safe than sorry! I'm so glad that you are feeling better, and that in the end this has been an eye-opener for you. I'm sure that you will be rid of the bag, just keep doing what they tell you to.

flutterby

Fly away!
Marcie, truer words...and all that jazz. Thank goodness you got to the hospital in time. Sending healing thoughts and prayers for continued recovery.

(((hugs)))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Marcie

So very glad you're on the road to recovery and that you DID get to the ER in time! And I hope you can get rid of that bag soon, they're a PITA to deal with.

((hugs))

Estherfromjerusalem

Marcie, I'm so happy that you are back with us. I know how serious that blockage stuff is -- one of my daughters had a very bad intestinal blockage and had to have very emergency surgery, which was life-threatening, and it was just terrifying for all of us. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, and wish you a complete recovery, and very fast.

Look after yourself.

Love, Esther

Kathy813

Staff member
Marcie, I'm so glad that you are doing well. I hope that your children realize that they could have lost you and are now treating you like a queen. You deserve to be pampered!

by the way, my husband had an attack of diverticulitis one night and came to the door where I was sleeping with easy child (who had just had knee surgery) and said that he felt like his stomach was about to explode. Well, an exploding stomach is never a good thing so I got up and took him to the hospital and left my poor easy child in difficult child's care. I had to hide easy child's pain medications before we left for the hospital so difficult child couldn't get them.

husband said he never wanted to go through that pain again. I don't know how you were able to ignore it for so long. You must be one tough cookie. Of course, warrior moms have to learn to be tough.

Glad you are on the mend!

~Kathy

DDD

Yeah, you're back. NOW :) go take it easy and follow all the Dr's orders. We want you completely well asap. Hugs DDD

buddy

So glad you are on the mend. Wishing you super fast healing and less stress! Let us know how you are doing, super soft hug.... Dee

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
YAY----Marcie Mac is on the mend!!! :jumphappy:

Honestly, what a worry! MM, my life just wouldn't be the same without you in it. I'd be mad as hell! Who else could I play tricks on Cheech and your SO with?

XXX
Suz

Nancy

I'm so glad you are recovering and I know this is a very serious condition because several years ago we rushed my dad to the ER where they made him lay in the hallway for three hours until finally diagnosing him with diviticulosis. He was rushed into surgery where they removed part of his small intestine and was told he would have been dead in another 30 minutes because it had burst and poison was spreading throughout his body.

So I am so glad you got to the hospital in time and that you will be ok. Take care of yourself.

Nancy

TerryJ2

Holy cow, quite the update!
From illness to surgery to philosophy.
Thank you so much for letting us know. I'm glad you are on the mend and hope that you really do get rid of that bag. I know very little about that subject so can't offer any advice. Feel better!
Welcome back, and many hugs. :grouphug: