Am I making a big deal out of this?

scoot

My son has started to repeat things out loud.He would say,mom my name is William.It used to be once in the afternoons.But now its everyday at any time.Same sentence.Sometimes he'd change it to Mom I said my name is William.But just now he said Mom my name is William,my grandmother gave me my name and you agreed.Is this a symptom of something or am I making it a issue for nothing?

Dixies_fire

Repeating is a Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) symptom. Saying things he already knows, asking the same question over and over and asking questions he knows the answer to. More common in aspie's

BusynMember

Sounds a lot like he has autistic spectrum disorder. Very common with that. I think you need to take him for an evaluation. Don't get upset. He can't help it.

L

Liahona

difficult child 1 says most things twice. difficult child 2 can says some random stuff as well. Its an Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) thing and I just ignore it as best I can.

Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) people have scripts they use to make sense of the world. Saying the same thing over and over or saying the same thing in every time they get in in a certain situation are examples of this. Sounds like your son has a script. Does he require you to respond? And if you respond incorrectly (not following the script) does he get upset?

jal

U need to contact ur director of pupil services for ur school district via registered letter requesting an evaluation. Registered letter starts a federal timeline in which they legally have to respond.

BusynMember

It could be a stimulant. Could also be Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) or Tourette's Syndrome too. I think you need a neurologist and a neuropsychologist that are not connected to school.