American Idol Finale

DammitJanet

Im not gonna say who won but Im gonna say I am going to bed a very happy woman and Im pretty glad I am about an hour and a half away from Garner NC tonight!:choir::congratualtions::bravo::singer::secret:

DDD

Lol..........nobody would EVER guess who won based on your post! You are such a good secret keeper, Janet. DDD

M

ML

It was great finale! Scotty is a great kid and he has a great career ahead of him.

Jody

I wondered what kind of party you were having at home last night. He is the sweetest kid. I loved the finale. He gave thanks to God, Included his family and every other contestant. He thanked his audience. He truly is a nice guy, I am so happy for him.

DammitJanet

I had to laugh, as soon as the winner was announced...the second it happened, my phone rang and it was Cory calling me from his house telling me we were right...lol. Tony thought it was going to be Lauren but I had picked Scotty from the get go. I think both of them will have wonderful careers. I loved his finale song and cannot wait to download his song. I am betting it will be on our radios here in the near future.

SRL

How did you all think the season went this year? It was so bad last year (both judges and singers) that my daughter and I quit watching.

DammitJanet

This was one of my favorite seasons to be honest. I actually loved Steven Tyler. He really gave it a comedic lift...lol. And his song last night really brought back old times. I almost cried...lmao. I remember carting around that 8 track!

for those of you to young to know what an 8 track is...dont tell me!

shellyd67

Congrats to Scotty ! He seems to be a very sweet kid and I am sure he has a wonderful future ahead of him.

husband and I have watched from the beginning and have really, really enjoyed the new judges and all the talent this year !

Steven Tyler has STILL GOT IT !!! Love him !

Well here's to next year ....

Jody

Steven Tyler was great with his song last night. Sounded like old times!!!! I loved him on the show, you just never know what to expect and he really is funny. Seems like a nice guy. Crazy but real.

Lothlorien

Loved it. I knew Scotty was going to win from almost the beginning. He's so adorable and genuine. Lauren seems like a great kid too, but Scotty has more charisma. I'm really happy for him. And I loved his new single!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Bad, bad Janet. :nono: You know better! Hints aren't allowed anymore than giving away the winner, especially when those of us who have followed the AI threads know who your favorite is. That's why we have always had this "understanding" for YEARS about not posting reality show results (or hints) until the next day. I'm glad I didn't see your post last night or live on the West Coast and saw your post before the show aired there or I would have been pretty annoyed! :cigarsmoker:

I was still rooting for Lauren right to the end. I don't have anything original to say, just a repeat of past posts that I am not a favor of country "twang" but I guess a lot of others are. Most people I've spoken with about AI the last few years admit that it's not much of a singing competition any longer, it's a popularity contest and that pre-teen and teen girls (and Janet! ;) ) drive the results.

That said, I think Scotty is a nice young man with a beautiful voice and will be the hit of the moment in the country genre. I expect the last few contestants already have record deals in the works.

SRL, I enjoyed the new judges but didn't find any of them very helpful with coaching the kids. Simon might not have understood tact but he gave great advice. These three were marshmallows most of the time.

by the way, I sure hope Lauren gets a new stylist or acquires some fashion sense as she matures. Her/their taste in her clothes was, in my humble opinion, pretty bad for someone so young and attractive.

Suz

DammitJanet

Suz...I knew I was pushing it but nobody had been posting much on the idol threads this year anyway. I just couldnt help myself. Im bad. I think it was the hysteria in NC last night. If I wasnt completely in denial, I might think they piped champagne through our water system! LOL.

Lothlorien

SRL, I enjoyed the new judges but didn't find any of them very helpful with coaching the kids. Simon might not have understood tact but he gave great advice. These three were marshmallows most of the time.

Completely agree!