American Idol thread

DammitJanet

I want to start posting the first of the American Idol threads this week and tell the rules so that the newbies who havent been here for previous seasons will know how we do it.

We have some folks who are diehard AI fans. I am one of them. We normally post our opinions about the AI show after midnight on the night of the show so we dont spoil the show for the people on the west coast time zone. Yes that can be sometimes be hard for us on the east coast to sit on our hands...lol. Especially on the nights when they vote people off.

Normally it is easier to start the righting and commenting once they get to Hollywood and further down the line because we have names. But I did watch last night and I liked a few people. I really liked that girl who had the two little boys and sang Your No Good. I loved it when her little boy said "My Momma's gonna be the Next American Idol" LOL. I also loved the last girl who had the boyfriend who had the stroke and she was still taking care of him. I didnt think she was all that good but her story was good. There was also the guy from Africa who was a refugee who was quite interesting.

Did anyone else watch?

DDD

Just caught a bit of it, Janet. I'm dozing off during shows lately, lol, and if I really want to see it all...I need to sit up instead of stretching out! It does seem like they have elminated alot of the way out contestants this year which I read was the plan. Really I am very happy with the judging panel. The combo suits the show. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
I don't really watch until they get past Hollywood. My school has a teacher American Idol contest where we predict each week who is going home, or pick the top 6, or the bottom two, etc . . .

It is quite competitive and I won last year!! I even got a trophy. :irock:

The parapro that shadowed one of my students last year was the judge. We were talking about the contest one day in class and my students overheard us talking. Next thing I know, I got an email from a parent telling me that she heard about the contest and wanted to tell me who she thought was going to win.

:rofl:

~Kathy

DDD

Whoa! We know a star! Now I have something to brag about, Kathy. "I heard from my friend who won American Idol today and she is doing great!" That will get some attention, lol.

by the way, I read the President was offered an appearance on AI after they heard his bit from the Apollo. I think of him each time I see the Lay's commercial. Great song. DDD

DammitJanet

Well tonight was St Louis and the end of the auditions. I cant believe it has been 8 years since Carrie Underwood was auditioning there! Amazing huh? They say she is the most prolific Idol so far. I predicted her from the moment I saw her audition. I also predicted Scotty if anyone remembers...lol.

I do think we have some good talent this year. I am looking forward to seeing how well they do in the Hollywood part so we can get them pared down. I was a bit shocked at that clip showing how someone falls off the stage and has to go to the hospital in an ambulance. I cant wait to find out who that was. Scary. Hope its not one of my favorites.

One of our locals, from St. Louis, Ethan Jones, made it to Hollywood. He's the one who's dad is in rehab. He plays in one of my favorite local bands. He had a GREAT audition. Hoping he makes it far.

DammitJanet

Oh I saw him. He is good. I loved that Steven said he wanted to talk to his father and also he said that he understood what his father was going through. Im sure he does.