american idol

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
WOW! I wish David Cook wins, but he it would be better for him not too. David Arch really wowed the 1st song

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
SHHHHH! Those of us on the West coast are still waiting. Please don't post anything till tomorrow or at least late tonight!!

GO DAVID COOK!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Vickie

amazeofgrace

they were both awesome and I will most likely buy both their albums, I am a Cook fan, but Archueletta really was on fire 2night

DammitJanet

I am an Archuletta fan and he brought it all to the table tonite! As simon said...this night belongs to David A. I really hope he wins it. I tried to get through for a solid 3 hours...just quit at midnight. I got maybe 50 or 60 calls through in all that time and I was steady calling using two phones with all 3 numbers back to back on auto redial. Made it kinda hard to enjoy the finals of Dancing with the stars with two phones stuck to my head...lol.

I will say I will be thrilled for whoever wins..but will have to eat crow with my therapist because she is a david cook fan...lmao.

susiestar

Roll With It
I like both of them. Didn't get to see Idol tonight though. I really really really hope David Cook wins though. he used to play with the kid of one of husband's coworkers.

But either way, this is a great show and they will BOTH have great careers!! I am glad it has come down to them.

Susie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
For our newer members...just a reminder to NOT post the results tonight so it doesn't get ruined for our West Coast members.

Suz

SRL

My son got through about 4 times in one hour and then quit.

Both guys are great but we voted for David Cook, despite the fact he didn't have his best night. I didn't quite get why he chose that last song instead of going with the formula that had worked best for him--a big recognizable song that he changed up or an eyelash batting love song.

DammitJanet

I just checked out dialidol and I am very upset! If it is accurate then this may be my last season. I thought it was rigged last season and if it goes this way this season I will know it is.

I saw Simon on Ellen yesterday say that David Cook would win but then thought well, he just thought that he would have the better night because Ellen is taped a day early. If David Cook does win and Simon let the cat out of the bag...well...

SRL

if Cook wins I don't see it a sign of being rigged--I see it as a sign of people voting for a broader picture than what they saw on stage last night.

Nancy

I agree SRL. Archuletta is good, very good, but he isn't as dimensional as David Cook. All his songs sound they same. David Cook is so talented and can sing any song in any venue and make it his own.

Also I know I shouldn't let this affect my feelings about Archuletta, but his dad drives me nuts. Acts like another one of those stage parent's who are living vicariously through their kid.

Nancy

AmyH

I think they both have awesome voices. But I am a Difficult Child fan all the way. I could not honestly see Arch putting on a concert and keeping his eyes open through it. I really think he would be awesome on Broadway though.

COOK all the way!

susiestar

Roll With It
I think they are both great. I agree that Archuletta would be great on Broadway. there is plenty of room in the music/performing arts world for both of them.

Can I say a funny kid thing with-o upsetting any David Archuletta fans??

We were watching a couple of weeks ago as a family. Tyler looked over and started talking about what kind of career "David Enchilada" would have if he won, or if he didn't win.

We just cracked up at the "Enchilada" thing. It is NOT meant as any kind of slur, racial or otherwise, it just is what came out of his mouth!

Penta

My 19 year old says "Yawn" when I mention David A...but I think he truly has a wonderful voice.. His voice reminds me of Josh Groban. David C is far more cool, trendy, and modern.

May the best man/boy win!

amazeofgrace

David cook would make an awesome Phantom :O) He's such a hottie, as my mother says, LOL, dirty old woman

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
All I can say is...YIPPEE!!!!!!

I loved the show tonight, could have done without the LOOOOONG George Michael song and would have loved to gotten to the results sooner, but all in all, a great show!!

WOO HOO!!!!

Hugs,
Vickie