American Idol

Lucedaleblessed

I am watching the show. One of the girls - Taylor Viafanua - are the daughter of the director of a Residential Treatment Center (RTC) belonging to the same firm as the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) we have in town, which I considered for my daughter.

They used to have a Residential Treatment Center (RTC) on Samoa, but moved to the states and while the family lives in Utah, the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is in Iowa. I know because the hurricane damaged the buildings at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and they suggested the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) in Iowa, but in the end we decided that we would try outdoor treatment instead because we simply cannot afford a full year of Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

SRL

Janet, they did the results show in the first half hour, which worked far better than dragging it on and on like they usually do. Then they switched to announcing the wild cards. They had all that you would expect plus a few more on hand and each judge went down the line announcing one contestant until they had 8. By the time Randy had picked Von and Tatiana my heart sunk for Anoop, but Simon announced him last and said he'd been the easiest choice. Tonight they sing but they didn't say anything about the format.

Randys Picks:
Von Smith
Tatiana Del Toro
Paula’s Picks:
Ricky Braddy
Jesse Langseth
Kara’s Picks:
Jasmine Murray
Matt Giraud
Simon’s Picks
Megan Corkery
Anoop Desai

SRL

I just read that today is the first anniversary of the death of Anoop's friend, Eve Carlson. She cited her as being the reason he decided to step up his game and do this so I bet it's going to be emotionally tough being up on stage tonight.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
SRL, the 8 are going to sing tonight. Are the judges going to make the selections tonight too so next week we start off with the final 12?

Suz

SRL

I have no idea but I would guess so. If they didn't it would mess up next week's schedule.

I would guess the judges already have a pretty good idea of who they'll be putting through.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay I have a question. Well, maybe more of an observation regarding the "Idol" curse. Since I'm not a huge Idol fan -wondered if anyone else caught this. And SERIOUSLY I mean no disrespect to gays or lesbians....but....Clay Aiken.

He sells a record - staggering 2.7 million copies of his album "Measure of A Man." then comes out of the closet, tells the world he's gay, adopts a baby.
Now he cut another album - it has sold a slumping 157,000 copies. He can't figure out why. I think if I were gay I'd be upset. I think as a straight person I'm confused. Do you think his coming out or the baby or that title of his first album had anything to do with it? I get slumping economy but to go from mega star to 157,000 - it really is a curse. There was a ton of talent in his group - I remember that - and lost interest after because I thought there were other contestants that did so much better.

Just curious. Not bi-curious....just curious.

DammitJanet

Star...he had his baby with a women didnt he...the natural way I thought? I remember seeing him and this woman together in pictures along with the baby, as a newborn. Well....she had to be artificially inseminated but she had gone over 20 years and couldnt get pregnant any other way. They are raising the baby together as mom and dad. I guess that means he is the sperm donor. ???

Lothlorien

I don't think him coming out saying he is gay had anything to do with it. I think everyone thought he was gay from the start and no one really cared.

My opinion is that because of all his wierd antics that followed is what caused his album sales to fall in the toilet. The weird, creepiness that he portrayed for a while kind of caught people off guard. The strange relationship with his manager, who is 25+ years older than him and having a baby with her and all is just strange.

I didn't know that he even had another album out. It really is up to the people who push the music whether or not it sells, I would guess. If they thought he was too strange to market, that would explain it.

DammitJanet

So who did get put through last night? You listed the wild card picks that will sing tonight...but who made it through? LOL.