American Idol

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Hello everyone.

How what did y'all think of last nights performances?

Motown!! I love Motown.

Adam shocked me and husband, he is quite handsome and his singing was spot on amazing!

Danny was great, love him, would have loved to hear him sing Mercy, mercy, but still really enjoyed him.

Lil was good, but I was hoping for her to be spectacular. I am sure she is safe though.

Allison was soooo good, love her!

Matt was so awesome, loved how he started on piano and then took the stage.

Scott was good, loved having the backup singers right there at the piano with him.

Megan...oy vey! :whiteflag: She needs to go!!! Nuff said!!

Michael Sarver was good, but he is not raising his game like the other top runners are.

Anoop Dog, very sweet and flawless.

Kris, he is so easy on the eyes, good singer too.

Go Danny!!

I am thinking Megan will go this week, fingers crossed anyways!!

Thoughts, comments??

Last edited:

Lothlorien

Megan has a very unique voice and perhaps with training, she'll do much better.

Though I really like Scott, I just don't think his singing capabilities are anywhere near the caliber of the other singers on the show. I admire him for how he's overcome his disabilities, but he's just not as good as the others.

Loved Danny, but it wasn't as good as his other perfomances.

Adam and Allison were the stars of the night. Anoop, Matt and Danny were right behind them.
Allison gave me chills at the end. Wow!

Fran

Former desparate mom
I was blown away by Adam and Allison. Even I can tell they use their voice as their art form.
Matt and Khris impressed me, especially since they were the first two. Danny was on the same level. in my humble opinion.
Anoop held his own and sort of did a change of personna. He did well.
Michael Sarver has it but he seems to need training. If he had some voice lessons and some polishing I think he could hold his on.
Scott didn't impress me at all.
Megan was a train wreck.
Lil, poor lil. She could have blown us all away but she has the voice.

eekysign

Allison gave me goosebumps. That was an incredible performance!! She's got it down cold, puts feeling in, seems to love what she's doing, etc.

Adam - ok, so my roommates think I'm crazy, but here's my take on him. He's good. No doubt. And he's determined, and has the "look", and everything. But I listen to him sing, and I think, "That was very good....but I never want to hear it again." I don't know whether it's his voice I don't like, the constant emo-falsetto-ness, or just the sense that he's TOO polished and confident. Either way, although I can appreciate his singing, I don't LIKE it. I know, I know, I'm weird.

Anoop was great, but unless he removes stick from behind, he will be gone someday. Loosen UP, kid!!

Matt, Kris, and Danny = all the same level of "good", and I think they all did well last night! Danny was a liiiiiittle cheesy.

I love Michael (my personal fav, sigh), but I think his time is pretty much done. He showed us a great voice in the beginning, but I haven't seen it since.

Lil is a strong singer, but she BLEW IT last night. Not because it was bad, but horrible song choice for her, and she just yelled all the words. What the heck was going on there?

Scott doesn't even come close to the other singers left, in terms of voice, or delivery. He's done soon, I think!

And finally. Last but...well, yeah, least. ;) Megan is a trainwreck. I used to defend her, but she's lost her damn squirrelly mind. I LOVE old-timey torch singer/jazzy girl's voices. But she's just plain ole weird. And she's not hitting the notes she's going for. And the dancing kills me. Etc, etc, etc. Time to go!

Lothlorien

You know what my take on Anoop is? I think he was really, really confident in the beginning and then he got knocked down a few notches. Now, he's nervous. I still like him, but he's gotten to eat some humble pie.

I didnt get to watch last night so thanks for filling me in! I do like Anoop and Megan has seen better days the last time I watched her. Poor Michael and I do agree with Adam - he is very confident but there is so mething there I dont really like to - anyway I guess we will find out tonight.

SRL

Adam and Allison were by far the strongest for me. I don't love Adam's usual flamboyant, over the top style but he was impressive and Allison is just so darn talented.

Scott, Megan, and (sorry Janet) Michael seem out of their league. The rest fell in between for me--some good performances but nothing that's really going to make me remember it, buy it, and want to listen to it over and over again. It's been good for the world to see a blind contestant but Scott's really overdue for a trip home, unless the market for elevator music is about to explode.

Loth, I agree with your comment about Anoop and confidence. He really had to play it safe these past two weeks to prove his vocal skills but the judges have given him the go ahead now. I think we still haven't seen everything he can do yet, but neither have I seen big signs of an "artist" in him --really taking the music and making it their own (like David Cook and Adam). I think David Archuletta was a little like that but he's got the help he needs with that now his feet are inside the door.

The judge's two early favorites--Danny and Lil--just aren't doing much for me. I like seeing them well enough but I keep getting the feeling we've seen about all they can do. I keep expecting that with that big diva voice, something Lil sings will go that extra and really move the heart. I don't know what that extra something is that makes it happen or not happen but it ain't for me, even when she looks and sounds great.

Ok, you Danny lovers, what do you see in him? Again, I like him well enough and think he's a fun addition to the show but I can't imagine people buying too many albums. Watching him this week-little bit goofy appearance, fun loving, energy, happy demeanor--I thought he'd be superb as a Christian artist for kids, but idol isn't exactly the career route most people would take for that.

The judge's are irritating me this year. Kara is one more than is necessary to get the job done and Simon and Paula were just plain rude to Allison with their little crayon side show. They don't even have the attention span to listen to comments from all 4 of them.

The results show was actually more fun for me this week than the performance show. Loved seeing Stevie Wonder.

Fran

Former desparate mom
SRL, I have just loved the music. It's been so reminiscent and lovely. Even the new ways the songs have been sung have been just beautiful.
The thing I noticed with Kara is that she has a lot of technical knowledge in addition to having "an ear" like the others. I wonder if she studied music. I just notice her explanations to the singers has been very specific and helpful.

I really like Paula. She is a sweetie and helps the contestants get through the rough patches with some positive reinforcement but I do wish she wouldn't fawn so much. It makes it seem insincere if she loves everyone.

I agree that Lil and Danny seem to have reached a ceiling in their skills.

Matt really surprised me. He wasn't even on my radar and has really impressed me. Adam, Allison and Matt are my 3 favorites.

I find I'm humming some of the music from Stevie Wonders songs.