***American Idol***

OK, won't go into details of tonight's performances, but must say I love country music, so I loved most of tonight's performances.

What I just have to say to ANYONE else who saw it, Simon rolled his eyes after Chris said that he was sending out special thoughts to those families touched by the tragedy in Virginia. He grew up there and wanted to just say a little something. I thought I imagined it, but husband saw it as did my sis who called me immediately afterwards to ask if I saw him. :nonono: I am irate beyond words that Simon then had the audacity to say after the next performer that he and Paula and Randy wanted to extend their sympathies as well. What an A ONE Jerk!!!!

Sorry guys, that might have done it for me. Simon should be fired for that, it was totally uncalled for and completely inappropriate!

Thanks for letting me vent! Will talk about the performances tomorrow.

Stinkin' Mad,
Vickie

DammitJanet

You have got to be kidding me!

I didnt watch it tonite because I am on week 3 of my boycott...lol. Guess I should have watched it. Wonder if they will show this anywhere online?

If you see a picture of this point it to me.

Oh that just makes me so mad! I was born and raised in Richmond VA and I will fire off another email to fox.

nlg319

I didn't see it either, I think I have been unconsciously boycotting...and I usually watch with difficult child#1, since she's in foster care, I actaully forgot it was on!

KFld

I saw it. I think he thought at first that Chris was using it to deflect his negative comments, and then I figured somebody must have said something to him because shortly after was when Simon brought it up himself.

We were just talking about it at work this morning before I saw this.

And by the way, I love Rascal Flats and he actually has a kind of nasally voice himself, so I thought Chris did it great.

Errrrrr! I am even madder after reading about it EVERYWHERE this morning! husband just called and said the talk show he listens to in the morning on his way to work was talking about nothing else. The people calling in are outraged and asking everyone to contact Fox letting them know how horrible the whole thing looked. Too bad they don't do a 5 second delay and someone might have caught it and edited it out.

I hope Simon really isn't that hard hearted and starts to think before he acts!! He is the ultimate difficult child!!

OK, rampage over!

I really did like Chris' rendition of the Rascal Flatts song. My favs for the night were Jordin, Melinda and Phil. Jordin and Melinda just keep getting better every single week. And Phil has definetly found his genre in country music. I really enjoyed him.

Till tonight,
Vickie

Meh, I would not call that an eye roll, really. It was a look of annoyance, to be sure. I think this is being turned into something way bigger than is has to be. I love country music and I adore Rascal Flatts, and I have to agree that in my humble opinion he sounded a little nasally. Not the best singer last night.

By far not the worst though...:p

KFld

Not to make excuses for Simon, but I think it was a quick reaction to Chris not accepting the critisism well and I don't think it was really geared towards what Chris was saying to the VA Tech victims.

I'm sure once he did it and realized it, he instantly regretted it.

Lothlorien

I caught it too. I kinda have to agree with KFld. He may have been even having a conversation with Paula and rolling his eyes at her. He does that a lot. I think someone caught it and I think that's why he came out and said what he said right after. Chris looked like he was tearing up after that.

I wonder if he'll say anything about the eye-roll tonight.

I loved Melinda and Jordin. Chris was okay. Phil was actually good last night. I think LaKisha wasn't very good last night at all. I'm glad the judges actually agreed. Sometimes, I think they just like someone or dislike someone so much that it sways their opinion. It's like when Randy always says...Carrie done sang it like no one else is gonna sing it. I love that song and I think Carrie sang it so well, that it's not gonna be sung any better than that.

What'd ya'll think of Martina? I'm looking forward to seeing her on the show tonight.

Kathy813

Staff member
I took it the same way that KFld, too. I thought he was just annoyed about the way the Chris was reacting to the criticism and talking back to him by telling him that "nasally" was a way to sing.

I agree that AI might have realized that it could be taken wrong and that is why Simon followed up with the comments about support for the VT students and families. It seemed like the comments were quickly inserted at an odd time.

~Kathy

Kathy813

Staff member
Nigel, the AI producer, said during an interview with tvweek that he is going to play the raw footage tonight to show that Simon was talking to Paula while Chris was talking about VT and that's why he didn't hear Chris's remarks about the tragedy. Simon rolled his eyes about what Chris had said about nasally singing on purpose.

~Kathy

Lothlorien

I hope they do and set things straight. Simon can be a cad, but I can't believe that he would be so disrespectful. It was just pure horrible coincidence and very poor timing.

gottaloveem

Simon did address the so called rolling of the eyes at the beginning of the show. He was directing it at Paula because Chris said he meant to sound nasally.

Good to see that Simon did address his eye rolling. He was talking to Paula (instead of listening to Chris, which was in and of itself rude) but at least he was not disrespecting the victims of the horrible crime at VT.

I wathched the entire show yesterday (something I don't usually do) and I was pleased with the voting. That Doolittle gal can SING!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
So, did we all do a collective cheer when Sanjaya's name was called last night? I know I cheered!

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Suz

On_Call

I was glad that they showed the raw footage. You can tell that Simon wasn't even listening to Chris and Ryan at that point. I'm not sure he listens to much other than the singing, anyway. I thought he made a good argument for the fact that he can't hear much of what is said on stage most of the time. He is rude, but c'mon. Even he wouldn't be that disrespectful.

And, I was so glad that Sanjaya got the boot. Sorry Sanjaya fans, but it was time he went. As Simon said - it was fun for a while, but . . . I think some enjoyed it long after it was fun for me to watch him.

I love Jordin and Melinda - and Blake, although I think a girl will win this year. It was nice to see Phil have fun and he did a great job - it was the first time I really liked watching him perform.

So, who do you think will go next? Any early predictions?

Kathy813

Staff member
Suz, didn't you hear the cheer from my house? It was time for Sanjaya to go!!

My prediction for the next to go is Lakisha or Phil. They just don't seem to have as big a fan base as the others.

My favorite is still Jordin.

~Kathy