An average day

Mamablue5

So today has started out like any other.Wake up semi early as we have a pretty relaxed schedule.The boy wants to watched a movie which keeps him busy while I attempt my morning stuff.The minute his movie ends and he wants to watch more I have to tell him its time to do our work.Chores and school work.This is when it gets bad.Literally everyday.Sure it would be easy to just let him have his way and watch them all day however I dont believe just giving him his way is helping anything including him.So me and the other children do our best to accomplish what we need to do during the day while he continues to throw things and break things.curse me and run off outside half dressed.He refuses to do any work of any kind.He says he is sorry about 10 times a day but it is never a true heart felt but more of a sarastic "I'm sorry what i did and can I have" It gets very hard to accept those type of apolagies after a while . things have calmed for the moment as he is distracted by the oatmeal it took me 3 tries to make due to him turning off the stove and dumping the water.finally got it done and he is eating.Hubby will be home in a few hours for a brief time and will be out the door again :( this obviously makes me sad because that brief window of him being home we will get little done and will problem. end up having to wait until he is home for the day to even do our lessons,usually when we try and he is having a mood he will attack the school books causeing flying or ripped up books.Wish me luck.sometimes we get lucky and it isnt so bad.

busywend

Can you do a profile so we can see how old your difficult child is without going to look at your other thread? There is a My Profile button at the top of the screen.
Also, list diagnosis and medications.

I am wondering if he is taking any medications, but I can not recall.

busywend

OK - went and read he is 11 and takes no medications because they did not seem to make things better.

You did mention a brain absess as a baby. Does he receive any therapy for this today?

Mamablue5

I will do the profile.I dont know all these terms and abbreviations but will do my best.As for the medications no he is not on anything.We spent many years doing the medications and counciling.there is truly no difference with or without them.The closest we ever came to some relief is when he was all zombied out and thats just not an option.He had many doctors which included the one who told me at that point the best i could hope for was him to grow out of it,very helpful .I will get to the profile when i can later.I have spent the day chasing him around the neighborhood and basically keeping him from destroying anything in the house.