an exciting extended weekend with a little bittersweet mixed in....

Mom2oddson

The paternal side (aka the Normal side) of husband's family is having their reunion tomorrow. In Oroville, CA.

So, tonight, after work, we will be heading down there. 700 miles (12 hours if you don't stop) for a reunion that starts around 11am tomorrow. It is going to be a long night. But, we've made this trip in one day before, so we know that we can do it again.

I love going to visit these people. They welcome you in with tons of love, no judging. His Aunts are fighting over us, we have to spend a night at each of their houses. With each mile out of our town, our problems drop off and we have the most relaxing time.

On our way home, we will be take our time. We are going to go home along the coast line. It should be a lot of fun. We've been looking forward to this trip since the reunion last year.

The bittersweet part is that I'll have no computer access until Thursday.... I will miss all of you!!!

Mattsmom277

Sounds lovely! Enjoy yourself. As well as that escape from problems etc at home. That's a gift unto itself. Glad this is family that are warm and welcoming. Drive safe :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG! YOU HAVE A FULL WEEK WITH NO COMPUTER!!!!!! and people who adore you? and no bologna?

I THINK YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST WOMAN FOR FOUR DAYS IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY IT WOMAN!!!!!!!! YOU ARE OUR HERO!!!!!!! Play spot the donkey on the way there! lol

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Outside of the initial drive itself, it sounds like you are in for a lovely visit and relaxing time - Enjoy!!

When we drive from CT to WV to see my sister, it takes us about 11-12 hours also. That is one long.:censored2:.drive.

DammitJanet

enjoy and just pretend you have a computer by documenting everything with either a pencil or a voice recorder so you can come back and tell us all what a great time you had...lol. We will just be so jealous!

keista

Enjoy your trip! I'd be going through withdrawal with no computer for a week. I think that's why Santa got me a cheap laptop!

I can't wait for you to get back and let us know what "normal" is like. I truly don't think I know. :)