An inspirational thought to end the day.

LittleDudesMom

If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream.

Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm getting ready to make the move upstairs with the kids for the night and wanted to check in on a couple of the forums first. I came to this forum last and saw the above quote right here on the Healthful Living forum under "Quick Quotes". How appropriate.

Everyday, we :warrior: moms keep up the hope and vitality of our difficult child's lives, our easy child's lives, our husband's or so's lives, our elderly parent's lives, etc. We go on in spite of the stress, the disappointments, and the pain.

Tonight, let this quote dictate the success of our healthy endevours - hold on to the dream until it becomes your reality. Here's to a healthier you!

Sharon

I think that is perfect and it sure helped me. I have been tettering on the edge of losing hope this whole season. It has made me feel down which is something I rarely feel. Thanks

NOLA

Thanks Sharon, it helped me too :smile: I will never give up hope - i loved this one too -

Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; a mother's secret hope outlives them all. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

trinityroyal

Funny...this Quick Quote came up just as I was reading the others.

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.--Winston Churchill

This is a great start to my day.
Thanks everyone for the lovely thoughts.

Trinity

Wiped Out

Staff member

Sharon-I really like the quote and what you said! How we go on in spite of the stress, the disappointments, and the pain is important. For me, in able to do it at all I have found I have to take care of me. I try to do this through my exercise and healthy eating. When I start to feel guilty about taking the time to exercise I remind myself that if I don't I will have a lot harder time dealing positively with difficult child and easy child!

Thanks for sharing this quote!