An Interesting Perspective.....

4timmy

Saw one of Oprah's shows last week about an Explosive child who had terrible rages. I wanted to share this mother's perspective and holistic approach to the group as I thought it was interesting. Following is an excerpt written by Zach's mom from www.savingzach.org

(Zach's diagnosis is ADHD, Sensory Integration Disorder, Unspecified Mood Disorder and Tourette's.)

"We learned that Zach was very sensitive to energies, his environment and to the thoughts and feelings of others.
Like many of these children who we believe are more energetically evolved, Zach and others are more sensitive to all of the fear and negativity in the world in ways that most people are not.
As a consequence, these children often struggle in their lives on a daily basis as dealing with these thoughts and energies on a mental level affects their ability to function on a physical level.

Here are some of the key things that I learned:
To stop seeing him as limited, but to see him as a gift to the world.
To recognize and appreciate all of the wonderful lessons we would learn from this journey
To stop worrying about him as worry as everytime I worried I bombarded him with negative thoughts
To understand that you "can't heal if you can't feel". In our case, taking Zach off of medications was an important part of his healing process.
Shower him with loving thoughts at all times
Celebrate his rages instead of coming from a place of fear. Recognize that the rages were an opportunity to teach Zach to be in control.
To use white light exercises (simply a loving energy) to shift our thoughts from negative to positive
To understand that when we turn on the light, there is no darkness
To understand that as we change how we think, others are affected in very positive ways as well.
To see Zach as a brave, beautiful and courageous soul.
Most importantly of all, I learned to see this entire experience as a gift.
I learned that the only way to understand fear, anger and worry is to experience it. Once this experience is mastered, it gives us knowledge that we can share with others to better the world.

Malika

Yes, that's interesting... a lot of wisdom in such an approach, even if "celebrating the rages" is beyond the powers of all but the most saintly of saints :) But accepting a child with some sense of joy for who he is rather than rejecting her/him really can turn the relationship with her/him around, in my experience.

karmadestiny

4Timmy, You have just given me a life line...everything you have summerised in regards to Zach and his experiences hits home...and sounds so logical and right...I feel every word you have written and it has given me a fresh understanding of my sons issues and why he is in our lives...Thank you so much, this site is trually a God send, and people like you Angels in disguise:) Thank you again, I am going to take down every word you have written and do my best to work with my sons issues with a renewed sense of positivity and joy...Luv and Hugs! x