An update...day 19 or is it 20? UGH!

DDD

I've taken four "hits" off a leftover cigarette butt. :sigh: My weight has gone back up over 140. :twister2: I've backed off the Cutty a bit. This is NO fun. I knew it wasn't going to be easy but somehow, lol, I didn't think it was going to be this hard.
DDD

busywend

Oh I soooo know this feeling.

Just stick to it and change something about your diet. Remove some carbs - half the pasta, open faced sandwiches. Do something different for a bit. You have to offset the metabolism slow down your body is going through. Go for a walk each night.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Don't try to lose weight while you're quitting. Too many things at once.

I'm amazed I haven't gone off the deep end - no antidepressants, no nicotine, and now no caffeine... UGH!!!

busywend

But, you do have to change something about the way you were eating. You have to offset that metabolism slow down. Or you will get tired of the weight gain and start up the habit again. Believe me.

TerryJ2

Oh, I missed that, StepTo2. That's a lot to do all at once.
Can you still do chocolate? Salt? Wine? French fries? Sushi?

Malika

Sorry to hear it's being such an uphill struggle, DDD. I'm with busywend on this one - although it might seem unwise or over-ambitious to diet at the same time as giving up smoking, I think being careful with diet and exercise - lots of walking!! - is more likely to boost your confidence in the longer term and keep you on the track on non-smoking than overeating or eating junky foods... which will make you depressed as you gain weight, which will make you want to have a cigarette... been there done that!
Keep telling yourself how well you've done to get this far, don't allow yourself to do something you'll regret (starting again) and take to them there hills with some stout walking shoes!! Best of luck.

Malika

Just a footnote - I don't know if you have hills in Florida, never having been there, but I would have thought it a nice place to walk... lots of blue sea and palm trees. Or am I idealising?!

DDD

That's what I need is a real Florida vacation. I love to walk on the beach. I love the sound of the sea.
I can live without hills, lol. Florida has all those things available but we are a long State and most of the residents live far from the beach. Great ideas.

I appreciate the support and patience shown by the family. I really want to be successful in this effort and I know from experience that I can't "almost quit"...it's like being "almost pure" :hangin: either you "am" or you "aint". Thanks. DDD

:|

i am just seeing this now.

i'm the fell off the wagon below you-i didnt realize i'm not the only one. i think we all need a vacation.

(((hugs)))

Star*

call 911........call 911
So?

After all YOU have been through? It's a wonder you aren't smoking crack.

Take this one day at a time - you're getting your taste buds back - so gaining weight? Pretty normal. Just be aware of what you eat, and make your portions controlled.

As far as the smoking? 4 puffs huh? Well it's 4 puffs you didn't need - but ti's not the end of the world. Tomorrow is another day.

As far as the Cutty - OMG woman - Like AC/Difficult Child says - Have a drink on me. Seriously Step is right too many things at once to drop -

Tell DF the sex is out - and I bet the cigars go right out the lanai.