An Update On The Bowling League

Bunny

I finally managed to get someone from the bowling alley on the phone to find out what is going on with Bowlympics and why difficult child wasn't put into the league. According to the manager of the bowling alley Bowlympics has not started yet and he is not sure why difficult child's bowling coach told me that it did. He does know that the kids who signed up have been in a few times for some practice and he does not know why Reggie hasn't called us because they are trying to build the program and make it bigger, and they need kids. He also on invited us to come to the practice that is scheduled for this afternoon at 2:00 pm.

Of course, difficult child was sleeping when I spoke to him, so this morning I told him what the manager said, and I knew what his response would be: he wants to go to the practice, but if he goes to his bowling lesson at 10:30 in the morning he will be too tired to go to a practice at 2:00. And I was right! That was exactly what he said (do I know my difficult child, or what?), so I called the bowling coach to see about moving his lessons to a weeknight, but he didn't call me back. That could be because he figured that he would see us at the practice. Either way, I can schedule a lesson for him while I'm there.

It looks like I got it all straightened out. I'm hoping he likes this league.

svengandhi

It sounds like fun. My freshman easy child is talking about joining the bowling team, which is a spring sport. The only other teams any of my boys have been on are chess and robotics, so bowling would be major league athletic for us.