And he's going down fast

Nancy

I just read this RN and I'm so sorry. I feel bad for your husband too. It's so devastating when you finally realize that you have been pinning your hopes on someone that wasn't ready to change. It's good you have each other....find things to laugh about with each other, I know that sounds strange but it helps.

I hope your son remembers how awful he feels right now and commits to making this rehab work. Thinking of you.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
We both played hookie yesterday! Slept in, took a bike ride, walked the Riverwalk near our house and had a nice lunch. It was a beautiful day here.

Wow I needed that to reground me. I needed a mental health day and rarely call in sick so I was due.

Feel very sad and disappointed today. Had no idea our son was going to ramp it up like that.

He calls his father daily but my husband barely wants to talk to him. Just sent car title and money to pay for the tow etc. today.

I have a call in with his therapist. I want to feel better and let it go and I am trying like hell but why is it so hard? I know that he is safe right now so that should be some consulation but I think that to see how messed up his mind is is scaring me so much.

I see that pics of the car just came by email. My husband wanted to see them for some reason. He loved that little car and had it so nice for our son when he gave it to him a few weeks ago.

Hugs to all of us in this club that we do not want to be a member of!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
We both played hookie yesterday! Slept in, took a bike ride, walked the Riverwalk near our house and had a nice lunch. It was a beautiful day here.

Wow I needed that to reground me. I needed a mental health day and rarely call in sick so I was due.

Feel very sad and disappointed today. Had no idea our son was going to ramp it up like that.

He calls his father daily but my husband barely wants to talk to him. Just sent car title and money to pay for the tow etc. today.

I have a call in with his therapist. I want to feel better and let it go and I am trying like hell but why is it so hard? I know that he is safe right now so that should be some consulation but I think that to see how messed up his mind is is scaring me so much.

I see that pics of the car just came by email. My husband wanted to see them for some reason. He loved that little car and had it so nice for our son when he gave it to him a few weeks ago.

Hugs to all of us in this club that we do not want to be a member of!
we are allowed to hurt, this is painful to hope and support only to be disappointed again and again is so hard. He is safe and has choices to make. Hang in there RN.
:group-hug:

Albatross

So glad you and hubs were able to take a day off together RN. Hang in there. As many wise ones here have told me so many times, this too shall pass.

ColleenB

So glad you and your husband took some time together. It's so important to remember that the marriage is in need of nurture and dealing with an addicted child can really take a huge toll.

Take care xoxo