And holy Toledo, she's coming this weekend....

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Mama doesn't want to miss her flea market...she's letting Cgfg stay with us to go to her school functions!
Watch out. The sky may be falling.

InsaneCdn

This may well have a life of its own... and if things can change by evolution rather than needing a revolution, its far easier on everybody.

keista

I'm in a kinda negative place right now so all I'm thinking is that you have to buy the shoes and whatever else to go with that dress now? However, it is a small price to pay for having the visitation 'issues' quieted down.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well, I was able to fix the shoes we got her for nephew's wedding last fall. I'm going to see if second hand doesn't have some dyed ones that might match...otherwise, she's got these. So shoes are solved.
So all she needs is a nice necklace.
But yes, a small price to pay if the situation works out on it's own.
Nothing has come of last night, either...soooooo

InsaneCdn

Nothing has come of last night, either...soooooo

<mock-whiplash>
What?? Did I miss something?

An improving relationship with cgfg, plus less interference from BM?

Wake me up in the morning and I'll see if this is just me dreaming off in la-la land.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Steely, cgfg is husband's daughter. I'm not even sure where to start to describe the issues. Lets just say her mother will cut off her nose to spite her face when it comes to our involvement with this kid. NEVER has it been discussed for cgfg to stay with us when her mom can't keep her. Her mother will go to ginormous lengths to make sure that DOESN'T happen. To the extent she has had cgfg stay with her first ex husband as opposed to having to send her here to stay for a day or two.

There's a few posts the last few days about some of the recent issues, but in a nutshell, cgfg is in high school, wants to go to homecoming this weekend, mom doesn't want to miss out on her flea markets to stay home so cgfg can go to homecoming, so, for the first time ever, is allowing cgfg "extra" time here, so she can go to the activities. Cgfg has recently stated she wants to live with us, so hopefully this is a step in a positive direction to work with a VERY negative person.

I hope that half-way made sense...

Insane, I'm with you! Am I dreaming????

InsaneCdn

Hmmm... still musing...

Maybe, if cgfg is hinting around at maybe wanting to go live with Dad... just maybe, BM has wakened enough to know that that would kill the cash-cow... so, better to loosen the strings a little but still be the custodial parent, than to have cgfg jump ship?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
And I am wondering the same thing. They're tossing around money down there, but to lose a few hundred dollars a month when they can't 'afford' $40 for Cgfg would be awful.
Then the thought of losing the few hundred plus PAYING us, too??? Devastating. So it is possible...