And husband is Waffling AGAIN!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
If you've been reading my latest posts, you know that my difficult child has been making a string of very bad decisions lately...

Matches and knives in the bedroom,

Wanting to loan large sums of money to people she barely knows,

Not following dr's intructions,

plus - we still have all the day-to-day difficult child stuff: no chores, attitude, etc.

In light of this, husband feels that because difficult child is acting like a difficult child - maybe she should live at home for a few more years until she "gets it".

UGH!!!

:kickedoutsmile:

Just shoot me!

greenrene

click click POW!

There ya go!

I take it that you're wanting her little rear out of your house when she's 18? I don't blame you there...

slsh

member since 1999
Yeah, because she's gotten it so well at home thus far, in spite of your superhuman efforts. :hammer:

Have to tell you, hardest thing we ever did, but best thing we ever did for thank you was *not* let him come home at 18 when he lost funding for TLP. The Real World promoted more change in him than 14 years of therapy and 9 years of placements. He is still a delight 99.9% of the time, after 1-1/2 years back under our roof. Not saying he's necessarily got his act together, but... baby steps.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Until she "gets it"?

Does he realize that by enabling her like this, she will NEVER "get it"?!

B

Bunny

Until she "gets it"?

Does he realize that by enabling her like this, she will NEVER "get it"?!

You took the words right out of my mouth, Step!

Unless she is made to "get it", i.e. be out there on her own so that she can see what it's really like to be responsible for herself, she is never going to.

InsaneCdn

I was going to ask... what is "it"?
As in... "Until she gets it".
Is "it"... common sense? a new brain? old age security payments?

That sounds like a pretty fuzzy goal to me.