And just when I'm ready to throw in the towel...

tiredmommy

she pulls it out in a big way.
Duckie was horrible this morning. I had to get out of the house early and get to church so that I could be confirmed during our second service today. husband & Duckie were to come just in time for the service as it was a long one and a bored Duckie is not a good thing. She was a PITA all morning and difficult during the service. I swear she was actually jealous that I was having an important day for me. Ugh. We got through it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/11-24h.gif
Then we went to a local nursing home for the pre-Christmas service put on by our church. The Sunday School kids were to sing Christmas carols for the residents. Unfortunately, that portion was cancelled and I didn't realize it until we got there. The lay leader invited us to stay after apologizing to Duckie that there wouldn't be carols. She sat through the service quite well (it helped that there was an aquarium right next to her). Then, she approached the lay leader after the service and asked if she might sing a few carols by herself anyway. She sang Jingle Bells, Joy To The World, and Hark! The Herald Angels Sing. She messed up a few lines:
"Let every heart prepare Him room" became
"Let every heart bring Him a broom"
and
"Peace on earth and mercy mild" became
"Peace on earth and mercy wild"
:smile: :rofl: :smile:
Needless to say, she was a big hit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/11-24g.gif
I asked her why she offered to sing all alone and she said that she knew the people that lived there would feel more Christmas-sy because of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/11-24b.gif
That's the thing about difficult children: they mess up big a lot of the time. But their come backs are big too when they have them. :warrior:
Happy Holidays. Try to remember the good in your child. It's the best gift you'll ever give yourself and your difficult child. :smile:

Janna

That's great to hear, TM. I'm glad she snapped out of it and did something good in the end. Good for her :bravo:

Enjoy your Christmas, my friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/11-24f.gif

Janna

Coookie

Sure made me smile. :grin: :grin:

You are right..difficult children messes are big...but...their good things are big too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/11-24g.gif Maybe we appreciate them more cause their messes are so big. :grin: :blush: :rofl:

Way To Go Duckie...even with the messed up words. :bravo:

Hugs

tiredmommy

Here's the kicker:
I let her have a cupcake after school today, which means that crumbs covered the table and floor where she was eating. She finishes eating, goes and gets a paper towel, folds it into quarters, slightly dampens it and proceeds to clean up her mess.
My chin still hurts from hitting the floor! :rofl:

biracialkids

LOL that's cute! I was upset this morning because my other 2 kids were being a PITA, my difficult child said "don't worry mom, be happy" LOL I busted a gut laughing, then of course he got upset with me saying I was laughing at him.