and now a repeat Mammogram

M

ML

Thanks to everyone who responded about the slow heart rate. I'm not too worried. Wiped Out that made me feel better that yours is slow too :)

I also have a spot or something they're concerned about on my right breast. The bad news is I'm pretty sure I no longer qualify as a research subject but good thing I did go through all this in case it proves to be something. I will get further testing next week some time, still working on it.

I thought I was healthy lol. A tad overweight but was doing well on losing it. I guess at my age things start to happen.

Thanks again,

ML

busywend

I have my yearly in August. I have to have a mamo and an ultrasound every time I go. I have been there 3 times due to feeling lumps.
You are right if there is an issue it was caught early I am sure.
99% of the time it seems like it is nothing serious.

Sure is scary though. Good luck to you!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well - I think it's a good thing to have it done twice -

I never had one - went in on a Thursday - and on a Monday had biopsy then Tuesday removal of "ductile carcinoma" and ducts and other stuff I'm sure I needed, but it was taken out - and had my cap removed :tongue: and superglued back on and taped with some really intense steel tape.

You can't even tell I was ever taken apart -

Don't take a chance.....

graceupongrace

ML,

Definitely get it checked out, but don't freak out about it at this point. I've had to repeat mammos more often than not because I tend to get spots of calcification. (Now if I could just move that calcium into my bones -- LOL!) Then there was the time I had to undergo all sorts of tests because I found a lump. Turned out to be a false alarm: I had lost a bunch of weight, which made one of my underarm lymph nodes seem really prominent. That was the "lump." So hang in there, and let us know how it goes.

(((hugs.)))

Wiped Out

Staff member
ML,
I'll be holding your hand as you go in. It is probably nothing but we are here for you. Hugs.

Sometimes it's hard for doctors to read the tests so they have to do another. Whatever they want another one for, at this point, be glad that you have proactive doctors. You don't want a doctor who waits and watches something. Take comfort in the fact that they're on it. I know it's hard not to worry. If they're using the word "spot", it's small- that's good. And most likely, chances are- it's nothing. I'll be thinking about you.

KTMom91

Hope the repeat one is all clear!

And you reminded me...I need to change mine. It's scheduled for two days after my knee surgery.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope it's something benign and that you can rest easy over this. I'd be a little nervous having to go back in, too. I once found a small lump on my own, but it turned out to be scar tissue from a brief episode of mastitis when I was nursing. It was still a little unnerving to have to get it double-checked. Like WO said, we are here for you!