And of course, when it rains, it pours

Not only am I dealing with Tink and her online issues and her stupid father, but now my van died.

Completely died. Blown motor. Costs more to fix it that it s worth, and certainly more than I could afford.

Can I cry now.

trinityroyal

Awwww, Kitty. I'm so sorry.

I wonder...
Years ago I had a little old beater (hoopdee?) that died. It was my only transportation to work, as the transit was onerous. I spoke to the Auto Shop teacher at my local high school, and the shop class took it on as a project. They managed to get the little car up and running again, and I got another year out of it before it gave up the ghost completely.

They didn't charge me anything either, as they were grateful to have a real car to work on, rather than car bits from the scrap yard.

I wonder if it's worth putting in a call to your local high school or community college that has an Auto Shop?

Hoping that a van miracle comes your way. Saying prayers and crossing body parts accordingly, and sending many hugs.

Trinity

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
BBk that stinks. Why is it these things always clump together? ugh I hope Trinity's suggestion helps. I was going to make the same suggestion.

Hugs

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
BBK - New year, new things, new outlook! I am sure wonderful things are right around the corner - keeping you in my thoughts.

I'm sorry about your van (and all the rest). Trinity is correct. Our vocational HS has an auto mechanics and body shop and they may charge, but at a fraction of the cost as a real garage. Definitely give it a shot.

Ropefree

Banned
Big Bad Kitty: Been there/done that. Once I blew the engine of a car, bought the rebuilt one, had it installed and one month later IT BLEW....mechanic left out the
air filter (and who knows what else)...and I lived WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAyyyyyy up a dirt road.
Crying is good. Walking is good too. Call everyone you know and tell them you need a free car...or a car on cheap payments. One time I was given a car. Only two things wrong with it: #1, it had an old auto alarm and the owners did not remember the code to turn it off. #2 it had an adjustable glutch that would get stretched out and it is not possible to drive without the gear engaged.

Another time I did as I have advised you to do and one of my dearest friends brother had yet another dui and was sure he was going in and going down....so, she arranged for me to buy it from him. It had two major problems as well #1 it smelled like a stale old bar befor the smoking ban #2 the
stick shift slipped through the floor of the car on the freeway on the way home.
I learned about glueing a badly fitting nut on that trip home.
We washed the interior with Joy dishwashing lyquide and the deep bar stench went away.
Right now I drive 20 miles round trip a few times per month to get one of my Mom-freinds with two some needs met(bank,grocery,bills) for one year now.
Also, once a disabled person helped me by letting me insurse a car they could no longer drive and I could use it in exchange for (bank,grocery,bills and medical appointment. rides)...
Neccisity is the mother of invention. You are now offically an inventor! So dry the eyes and puff up...Inventor Big Bad Kitty!

rejectedmom

BBK, I totally understand. My van quit on me whenI was traveling down to help my dying friend several months ago. The cost to repair was $7000. The van was ten years old. I really needed another year out of it because I had so many other things on my plate. I ended up with a new car only because it was less of an initial outlay. Unfortunately I still have 4 years of payments and I still need a van because a car just doesn't serve me well when I am transporting grandchildren and pets. Not in the near future for me so I just plug along all cramped in a car and sometimes it just hoovers. -RM