And out of the blue, after MONTHS of no-contact

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Daddy calls and wants to give wee difficult child his Christmas gifts.

Hell, he hasn't GIVEN any gifts most years.

Sheesh. How's that for cake icing.

meowbunny

Okay, I'm selfish. If he has gifts for my little one, I want them. The more gifts the merrier. I'd just make dang sure he didn't have one second alone with her. Let's face it, it's Christmas. She's going to be semi-wild anyway. It's the nature of every child.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, I'm all for the gifts. What I'm not for is that he wants to get him to give them to him. That answer is no no and ____ no.

We'll see how he is when I get home. If he's holding together, maybe I'll take him over. Otherwise, no. I gotta get the sole custody thing taken care of, too.

KTMom91

It has been a strange season. I don't think it's the water, though. I think it's in the air. Hope the gifts are good ones at least!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry. You don't need any more drama right now.

Gentle hugs to you and weegfg. I will problem end up with a migraine tomorrow, want me to barf on father for you? (Sort of a merry Christmas to YOU?).

Back to my corner.

I am truly sorry he is doing this again right now, esp as it is not at all motivated by interest in your child.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ah, thanks for the barf offer. I would have probably taken you up on it, but when DEX's parents came to our house yesterday for Christmas, DEX's father said he loved his gift, and it always amazed him, that year after year, we think enough of him to buy him wonderful gifts. Then he said "Being DEX's father would be enough to p*ss off most anyone, yet you don't run!" I spit my drink out my nose and that right there made it worth it.

MB, when we got to grandma's to open the gifts from DEX, the gifts were already there, but DEX was not, so wee difficult child thinks the gifts came from grandma and grandpa, not daddy. No one made a point to correct him (particularly since gifts will be sporadic, at best).

It worked out.

meowbunny

Wonderful! I used to that for my daughter. If her biomom gave her gifts I would just let them be from Santa unless she specially gave them to her. Worked for us. I also made sure to keep some of the things her biomom gave my child in a box so that she could have proof that her biomom did think of her and did care. I gave her the box last year. She looked in, said thank you and left it at that. At the same time, I know she's looked at it since a time or two and one stuffie is missing from the box.