And So It Begins...........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sure didn't take her long.:tongue:

Evidently in her last email to Nichole, stepgfg was moaning about having to work as a housekeeper and how it makes her feel so horrible to not be able to buy clothing and shoes for her kids.............. that it give her nosebleeds. (oh gag me me now) :slap::rolleyes:

Couldn't help it. Even though Nichole had informed me with a smirk on her lips I just blurted out :

"And of course stepgfg is telling you this on a laptop she supposedly owns." :mad:

Hmmmm. Laptop vs shoes and clothing? Wonder what a responsible person would choose??

Good grief. The girl is almost 30.

Of course I still suspect the laptop isn't hers. But still. Sure didn't take long for her to start pouring on the sob story. Nichole said she's just waiting on the pics of the grands.

I told her again not to hold her breath.

I wonder how long this contact will last once she figures out that no one here feels sorry for her? That no one will be sending money, nor gifts for the kids. (I'd love to but they'd never see them been there done that)

So much for all that "growing up" stepgfg claims to have done.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Ah, old habits die hard.......if it worked anytime in the past they will try the methods again.......hate it when they try laying guilt on siblings.......but the only one who should feel guilt is difficult child.........Good for Nichole to see thru the charade!!!!!

meowbunny

Stepgfg may (??) be a flake but Nichole is handling it all beautifully. She's telling your the stories but not buying into them. Wonder if she would have tried to help, demanded you help, get into the do something mode in the past. I'm willing to bet Nichole would have fallen for it hook, line and sinker and made you out to be the bad guy for not helping. You're both doing well in standing strong. Hang in there. And, as the saying goes, "This, too, shall pass."

trinityroyal

Wow!
Good for Nichole for seeing through StepGFG's sob stories.
You are both handling this situation with grace and dignity.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy

Isn't there any CAT in you at all? Before her demise due to her own children my xmil sent an email to me that went on and on about how poor she was, and the things she didn't have and how hard the world has been and what rotten kids she had and how she didn't have money for her medicines.

I wrote back - and never received an email again.

My email simply said :

XX
I'm sorry you are having such financial difficulties. I too, have often wondered just exactly how special God has thought I was to not only pay for my divorce, but work three jobs to make sure my son has a home, lights, water, heat, clothes, shoes, books, papers, pencils, toys, activities, day care, (and my list went on and on) even including the occasional quarter for the gumball machine at Kmart on the way out to the parking lot to get in my 20 year old car with no a/c on a 110 degree day with a pouting but understanding 6 yo. child because I never got so much as a quarter from his FATHER. And it went on to say how awesome the people were at the food bank, and how we have to get up 2 hours early to get in line at the Salvation Army to make sure we can get some kind of donations for Christmas, and how it was such a revelation to not eat so that my kid could because well, You know I must stay thin - and that I've got to figure out how I can work 3 jobs and then donate time for the clothes bank to get free clothing for me and Dude, plus having the ability to make a summer vacation out of a pack of marshmallows, a fork and a bic lighter on a blanket.

I'm serious - this was the most pathetic and sarcasitc letter I ever wrote.

I think you could have fun with this - and possibly get your point across, because if MY xmil "got" my point - surely your Sdaughter will.

Honestly - I'm glad Nicole saw her for what she is - but I can't wait for the email around November that says she has no money for Christmas. At that point I would use my line about standing in line at the Salvation Army at 6:00 AM (really I did that) but you get my drift.

Hugs
Star

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL Star

Oh, yes. There is plenty of CAT in me, I assure you. :D

I'm simply biding my time for now. Patience often pays off in spades. And Nichole and I'd would like to get info on Kayla and Alex if we can while we at least have the opportunity.

God has a plan. And so I hope that it's to let us get some closer of some sort on the grands. I'm not suprised at all over stepgfg's behavior. I expected it. *sigh*

If stepgfg comes to believe those pics of Kayla and Alex are a means to emotionally blackmail us for cash............. lol

Course she won't get the cash, but she'll figure that out eventually. :rofl:

JJJ

Lisa,

I read this somewhere, but an idea for grandparents who can't give their grandkids gifts but want to be sure that the grandkids know that they were thought about on birthdays and Christmas throughout their childhood -- open a college fund (529s) and deposit what you would have spent on a gift for each holiday, even small amounts add up over the years. The huge benefit is that the money remains forever in your control and you can transfer it between grandchildren -- so if one of them turns out to be a complete difficult child, you can use the money to help the other one. It's also good for trade school tuition, not just college. (Check all of that with the place before you open accounts to confirm it is valid there).

witzend

JJJ - that's really good advice. I'm filing it away in the "In case one of my kids ever gives me a grandkid" file.