...And you thought it was over x

scootles

Hi, its been awhile since I've been here,but I really need your advice. My son 16 have been going rounds for awhile now which ended in him tearing my shirt and wanting to hit me with a bat
Last night. He was grounded and that's whenThis happened.I called the cops and he asked if I had any marks.I told him no and he made light of the situation. They did find him and bring him home.What should I do if hedoesnt come home after school?Do I still ground him knowing he's going to fight me anyhow?He has to be disciplined but how if he's just going to do what he wants anyways.

dstc_99

If he starts anything grab your cell and go to a safe room where you can lock him out. Call the cops and tell them you fear for your life. Why would you wait until he beats you for them to do anything. That may be their way of thinking but it is pretty darn ignorant.

To be honest I doubt I would bother grounding him. He wont follow the rules of the grounding. I would probably just take away his electronics until he asks better.

scootles

Over here if your not bleeding or have bruises they pretty much take it lightly. I told him that if it ever happens again,he is gone.juvie or fins but he will not have the chance to do it again.I told him that he had to respect me.he has no internet access, he's been grounded since that day.every day he asks when he can go out again and when he is allowed back on the internet. almost like he hasn't gotten the seriousness of what he did.new thing now is him saying he's constantly bored every 5min.

dstc_99

I wouldn't bother explaining to the police what your health status is. It's not so much about getting him arrested its more about having someone else end the threatening. Call them and tell them he is threatening you and your are scared then allow them to diffuse the situation.

So who is being tortured most by the grounding? You or him?