Angry

dstc_99

So Difficult Child is still Difficult Child and Easy Child is still Easy Child. Me on the other hand. I am just plain angry. No real reason why just tired and angry. I have no patience and am fighting constant headaches and upset stomach. None of that may be related but at the same time it seems to have really ramped up all at the same time.

husband who rarely annoys me is annoys me to no end. Thankfully I don't have the long term irritation built up with husband that I do with Difficult Child. So that is ok.

Difficult Child and I are barely speaking but that's actually great. I enjoy the silence.

Easy Child is driving me insane. Her naïveté and stupid questions just drive me nuts. She's 15 and not mentally impaired. On the other hand if she asks me one more question that common sense could answer. I am going to scream.

Top it off with occasional dizziness and I am a basket case.

BusynMember

It's so good to see your again!! I'm sure I"m not the only one who wondered about you!

Have you seen a doctor to see if this is maybe a medical problem? Are you on medications for your depression?

dstc_99

Going tomorrow at 8am. I am going to ask for a medication change. At this point the anger and irritability isn't even rational so it's time to talk to the head doctor and see if it's me or if it's medical.

Honestly. I am just NOT me right now.

SuZir

Good for you for noticing that it is you, who is angry and irritated, not just people around you being irritating.

Do you have any recent medication changes or new supplements or anything like that? Are you sleeping well? Any chance for sleep apnea? Being very irritable often has a lot to do with amount and quality of sleep. Hopefully your doctor can figure out what is going on.

Glad to hear about you, but sorry that life is being witch to you at the moment.

nlj

Sounds like me at the start of menopause.

Early 40s. I was a manic witch.

I'm past all that now thankfully.

Only a suggestion.

PatriotsGirl

Sounds like me when I try stopping my Prozac. I am okay for a little while but then that irritability comes right back. I have come to terms that I will always need to take it...and I am in my early 40's and have other signs that tell me I definitely have perimenopause...

InsaneCdn

Teenage daughter. Oh JOY! (not) Those hormone swings are BRUTAL, and the attitude STINKS. But it's "normal". Or so I'm told ;) Hopefully you aren't into early perimenopause ... because two of you with wild hormone swings is ... worse. (ask my hubby)

Glad you're getting to the doctor. Hope they don't muck around too much before they figure it out.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sounds like me when difficult child was at his worst! I was angry at the drop of the hat! I started therapy and prozac. It helped me immensely.

pasajes4

I hope that you can get to the bottom of it. I know that when I go for long periods of "being the voice of reason", I become very much like what you describe.

Californiablonde

I can so relate to you right now. I am incredibly irritated for no good reason. My doctor put me on a nasty medication called Brintillex which made my anxiety worse and made me more depressed. I weaned myself off of it and for now I'm on nothing. I don't feel as bad as when I was taking the Brintillex but I am still feeling yucky. I hope you get things sorted out at your doctor. Keep us updated.

Scent of Cedar *

I have those times, too. It's like a pressure cooker. I hold and hold. When the steam begins to shiver and shake that little metal part on the top, I wonder if the whole thing is just going to finally explode.

I try not to even talk, because the way I feel slips out sideways.

It's like I mean to say pass the salt? But instead I hear my words saying "Oh, go bleep yourself."

And everyone falls silent because this never happens and now no one knows what to say.

So no one says anything.

Then I get my own salt.

They say we cannot keep giving from an empty cup. It is hard to apply that to myself. Somehow, I think I am supposed to respond correctly, lovingly, with humor or honesty or strength or whatever the appropriate emotion would be, all the time, every time.

I am so disappointed with myself when I have that free range kind of anger. I just cannot believe it is happening. And it keeps happening.

Would it be impossible for you to get away with D H for a weekend?

Or even just a date night?

That would help me. Especially if we drove miles and miles away from Trauma Center, formerly known as my own darn house.

Cedar

dstc_99

Good for you for noticing that it is you, who is angry and irritated, not just people around you being irritating.

Do you have any recent medication changes or new supplements or anything like that? Are you sleeping well? Any chance for sleep apnea? Being very irritable often has a lot to do with amount and quality of sleep. Hopefully your doctor can figure out what is going on.

Glad to hear about you, but sorry that life is being witch to you at the moment.

Oh trust me the people around me are in rare irritating form. LOL Super duper irritating form. Normally I am able to just laugh it off though. Right now they may all have to die if they don't start behaving. HEHE

Sleep is good thanks to a long term relationship with Lunesta.

Sounds like me at the start of menopause.

Early 40s. I was a manic witch.

I'm past all that now thankfully.

Only a suggestion.

This could be exactly the problem the women on my moms side of the family have usually hit menopause by their early to mid 40's. I turn 40 this year.

I hope that you can get to the bottom of it. I know that when I go for long periods of "being the voice of reason", I become very much like what you describe.

I am so sick of keeping everyone else from killing each other and making sure everyone else is playing nice. I definitely think I push down my needs for way too long in order to keep them on a level field. Never works though.

I have those times, too. It's like a pressure cooker. I hold and hold. When the steam begins to shiver and shake that little metal part on the top, I wonder if the whole thing is just going to finally explode.

I try not to even talk, because the way I feel slips out sideways.

It's like I mean to say pass the salt? But instead I hear my words saying "Oh, go bleep yourself."

And everyone falls silent because this never happens and now no one knows what to say.

So no one says anything.

Then I get my own salt.

They say we cannot keep giving from an empty cup. It is hard to apply that to myself. Somehow, I think I am supposed to respond correctly, lovingly, with humor or honesty or strength or whatever the appropriate emotion would be, all the time, every time.

I am so disappointed with myself when I have that free range kind of anger. I just cannot believe it is happening. And it keeps happening.

Would it be impossible for you to get away with D H for a weekend?

Or even just a date night?

That would help me. Especially if we drove miles and miles away from Trauma Center, formerly known as my own darn house.

Cedar

Cedar are you in my head right now! LOL
Yep I am definitely feeling exactly like that. I think something nice but my mouth says something hateful. husband and I are scheduled to escape to Cancun in September until then I plan to utilize every free night I get and spend time with him.