Annual Tears, Jeers, & Grumbles Mother Day Thread

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I expected nothing (as always) and this year, had a great weekend.

Friday night, I took Wee to a fun horse show, and we had a ball together.

Saturday, we went to my neice's house for my great nephew's 2nd birthday. Most of my family was there, and we took the buggy and took some rides and had a great day. We spent the night and went for another ride with neice and fam before we came home on Sunday. husband treated me to dinner on the way home, then we rode ponies to exBIL's, and they joined in for a short ride, and we came home. easy child 1 gave me a wonderful new pair of sewing scissors (which I do need!) and Wee has a surpise for me, but he was getting tired, so it will be for today (its a topsy turvey and tomatoe plants...lol).

A little disappointed I didn't hear from difficult child 1 as I know he was on the computer much of the day, but his perogative. His wife wished me happy mother's day after I told her I had to ship her gift via fedex as ups and usps wouldn't ship it (a bottle of wine) and apologized that it was going to be late. Oh well. He called me the morning he shipped out, and that was a complete surprise, so I choose to be happy with that.

Last edited:

everywoman

Mother's Day--bah humbug! I asked husband for a divorce. He is devastated. I am feeling guilty. The kids all called but I spent the day mostly by myself, with husband sulking in the background. Not the best MD I've ever had.

KTMom91

I'm sorry, EW.

I had a surprisingly good MD...Hubby took me to dinner Saturday night, with Cold Stone Creamery for dessert. Miss KT washed the dog Sat afternoon and gave me a card, and I was happy with that. Sunday morning, in the middle of the sermon, she comes sailing into church with a yellow rose and a glass of Starbucks iced tea, hands them to me, says "Happy Mother's Day," and sails back out. Too funny!

Went to my mom's to give her her present; a flower pot that she can hang on the fence. She was busy feeling sorry for herself because no one had called her by 10 am. Went to mother in law's after that; she had chile relleno quesadillas (YUM!); and while we were there, Son #2, K, and mad baby Maddie came by! Mad baby seems to be teething; her mama calls her crabby girl. She quiets right down though when her daddy holds her...Son #2 is completely wrapped around Maddie's finger. I love it.

Sending hugs to all my fellow Warrior Moms...just because we deserve them!

Jody

One of the best Mother's Day that I had. easy child had a great time at the prom and looked beautiful. Pictures to come soon. :D
Didn't spend any time with her but talked a lot on the phone. Spent the day with difficult child and she was so good. She made me a picture, and we put it on the refrigerator, she and my boyfriends son, dug out a small flower garden for me, they completed it with the plants and mulch. Looks very nice. difficult child made a cake and helped me cook supper and sat at the table with me. She was very helpful and used thoughful. She cut her hand pretty good and yet she was crying because she thought she was ruining Mother's Day. We wrapped it up and she soaked three washcloths and also a towel and then it just stopped bleeding. She also did some chores for me and didn't complain. It couldn't have been a better day. Sometimes they can surprise you, and when they do it means so much. :D

witzend

Mother's Day--bah humbug! I asked husband for a divorce. He is devastated. I am feeling guilty. The kids all called but I spent the day mostly by myself, with husband sulking in the background. Not the best MD I've ever had.

I'm pretty sure that you have the misfortune of having won the "Worst Mother's Day of 2010" on the board this year. My regrets to you. {{{{{{{{Big hugs}}}}}}}}}}

DDD

I'm going to share something sweet, for a change. I received the loveliest card from my "hippie" grown stepson. He had difficult child years with drugs etc. but has always been special.I've never received a sweeter card. The text says:Because of you, I know what family is.It's laughing,It's listening,It's being "real"and being friends.And it will always be there,no matter what-all because of you.Happy Mother's Day.I'm saving the card and being sentimental about it. It was such a nice affirmation. DDD

tiredmommy

Well... my day was a mixed bag. I woke up with an IBS attack and skipped church. Duckie was sweet... she made me breakfast and gave me a beautiful handmade card and plant she grew at school. :) We went to mother in law's after husband and Duckie got home from church. The woman must hate that I'm losing weight because she kept putting junk food in front of me and said (no less than 10 times) that they were ordering pizza and wings. :mad: So we stayed for about an hour and then left. I spent my evening at the grocery store.

Then, today, I finally received my mother's death certificate from the Province of Ontario... Happy @!*&*(#&% Mother's Day!

Marguerite

TM, even aside from the diet and need to keep steady with the weight loss, the IBS attack is one more BIG reason to stay clear of junk food.

Oh boy, do I know this one! The whole "One little biscuit won't hurt," routine. My mother-in-law would serve up large slab of sponge cake and say, "It's OK, it's mostly air."
Yeah, air - held together with sugar, flour and eggs...

I think it comes from an era when weight loss was a hobby, not a necessity for life (for some of us).

I think that is what steams me - frivolous comments making light of it and jokingly sabotaging the diet (as if it is a game) devalue all the efforts as well as ignore the vital need to lose weight for some of us. It's like saying, "your life doesn't really matter to me, not as much as my needing to be appreciated for my culinary efforts."

mother in law is pretty good these days (compared to before) but some friends still sabotage and it gets me really cranky.

Marg

Last edited:

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
The woman must hate that I'm losing weight because she kept putting junk food in front of me and said (no less than 10 times) that they were ordering pizza and wings. :mad:

TM--

Don't get mad...get even. Next time you see this woman, keep putting veggies in front of her face. Say "you really need to have some SALAD!"...."try these healthy vegetables--you really need it"...."Have some salad--it will be so good for you"....etc etc etc

Marguerite

I heard a recent snatch of conversation where a vegetarian was pushing her vies onto a steak-loving bloke she was having lunch with. THe man ordered a large veal steak and the woman shuddered and said pointedly, "Whenever I think of the dying screams of a calf I feel faint and nauseous."
The bloke replied with, "Sounds like you're low in iron."

Marg