Another adjustment for difficult child

KFld

I feel bad. difficult child called to tell me last night that his roommate is moving out to another soberhouse. There are 4 of them in the apartment and the one he actually shares his bedroom with and gets along with really well is moving to another soberhouse. Not quite sure why he's moving, but my difficult child is not looking forward to yet another adjustment in his life. Hopefully his new roommate will be a good one. I know it's nothing major and he adjusts quickly, but he's had so many moves and adjustments in the last 1 1/2 years.

By the way, it's his 4 month clean anniversary today. He was going to a meeting with his sponsor this morning and he sounded pretty excited about his accomplishment :smile: :bravo:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Unfortunately, change seems to be the nature of these difficult children and transitioning is hard. Fingers crossed that he gets a great new roommate, Karen.

As for the 4 month anniversary:

:bravo:Way To Go difficult child!!! :bravo:

Suz

hearthope

:bravo:I know you are so proud of him!!!

Great to hear good news!!!!

May his new room mate be even better than the last one!! Hope all goes well with the changes at the soberhouse

Thanks again Karen for sharing, gives us all hope for the future!!

saving grace

Oh WOW thats great! Good for him. Things are moving right along now. Did you drive him to DSS today?

Does he know why his roomate is moving? I hope there isnt a problem in the house.

Grace :bravo:

KFld

There isn't a problem in the house, I think it's just that it's strict. My difficult child thinks his roommate wants to move because in the house he's going to you don't have to attend a certain amount of meetings and you don't have to have a sponsor. I guess your recovery is up to you and how you handle it. I was surprised to hear my difficult child say he thought he was making a mistake and wasn't going to do good there.

difficult child said someone he already knows from one of the other apartments in the same building is probably going to move into his apartment and be his new roommate. He knows him, they get along, and he's happy about it. Glad it all worked out so quickly.

He didn't get to go to a meeting today because his sponsor worked late, but he'll go tomorrow and get his chip :smile:

I was watching him today at DSS walking through the hallway and I thought to myself, he really looks good :smile: I pray it continues!!!!

saving grace

I so wish difficult child would go to a sober house, he hates sleeping anywhere away from home, he just cant get past how much he hates it to actually give it a chance.
He has been in a long term no leave rehab and a come and go as you want sober house and he hated them both, got himself kicked out.

It really sounds like your son is on the right road, the road to recovery.

Grace

KFld

I think the fact that when difficult child first went into the state rehab, we were very clear that he could not come live home. He knew he didn't have that option and his counselor at the rehab knew that also. They set him up with one before he left there. He never argued about it. I'm actually amazed at how well difficult child adjusts to changes in his life now, because he was a kid who never liked change, but in the past 1 1/2 years he has been through more then I could imagine going through in that short of a time.

gottaloveem

Karen,
I agree that your son does adapt to change. He may hate it, and it may be difficult, but he always adapts.

Four months clean, what a wonderful accomplishment.

saving grace

Karen, when difficult child was in the state rehab he knew he couldnt come home as well. They called me at midnight to tell me had been kicked out and they were driving him to a bus station, I told difficult child to call someone else that I was not coming to get him. he called my brother in law and that is when he started living there for over about a year. Now when I tell him that I want him to leave he just says very casually "but I have no where to go" he thinks that is all he has to say, that and "I'm sorry" I am sick of hearing both

Grace

SunnyFlorida

Karen, your difficult child is fast becoming the king of flexibility. He's really learning how to adjust. Those are great qualities.