Another Chapter

New Leaf

Well, here we go again. Rearranging the house to help. This time, it is for our Hoku who is a lovely young adult, moved out at 19, works and provides for herself but is in a spot having to move out of her place because the landlords are coming home.

Rent here is outrageous.

Younger brother is happily giving up his larger room to move into the smaller. Hoku has a queen sized bed. Son loves his sister and has missed her the two years she has been on her own.
We will have more help in the yard (little over an acre with some very steep sections). The place is destined to go to her and brother, it is good they will be working the land together.

I am hoping too, that she will take steps to go to college. She is very smart, but hasn't quite figured out what she wants to do. She is 21 now.

I know it is a "backward" move for her, but think it is okay, all things considered.

We will be a bit squished, our house is small, but this time, we are helping an adult child who is appreciative and respectful.
Now, that will be a big difference from all of the years of the revolving door with our d cs.
Wish us luck with this new chapter!

It will be hard with the squishing, but I know we can manage.

Hoku is a delight to be around, very positive and fun.

Another day, another adjustment in this ever changing world of ours.

Off to work.....thanks for "listening"!

(((Hugs)))
leafy

wakeupcall

Isn't it amazing how different posts like this sound?? It'll be fine, of course! Too bad it can't be "fine" with our DCs. Actually, it sounds like fun and some support and some love in your home. Congratulations!!

I keep telling Difficult Child, that his father (where he lives) wouldn't be so stressed and ready to throw him out if he was just respectful and did his share around the house as well as work some kind of a job like real people do......it always falls on deaf ears....

Kalahou

Aloha Dear Leaf,
So refreshing to hear this happy news for you. I hope all goes well :)

Kōkua aku, kōkua mai. Pēlā ka nohona ‘ohana.
Help others and accept help. That is the family way.
O ka makua ke ko‘o o ka hale.
(Ōlelo No‘eau)

okie girl

Oh Leafy this is so exciting!! I think this will be very uplifting to you. I know she will bring you joy. It sounds like she "has her act together". It's nice to help out loved ones when you feel appreciated.

New Leaf

Thank you all, a big part of her leaving, was the craziness going on with her sisters in and out and in and out. It has been a hard road for all of us, and well children are sorely affected when d cs go off the rails.
My Hoku has been a good daughter and friend, truly a shining light in the darkness. I have missed her.
Actually, it sounds like fun and some support and some love in your home. Congratulations!!
We are looking forward to her coming home, it will be another adjustment and a lot of shifting things around, but yes, it will be fun. Thank you Wakeup!
if he was just respectful and did his share around the house as well as work some kind of a job like real people do......it always falls on deaf ears....
I am sorry Wakeup for the heartache of it all, this is what I have experienced with my two d cs. It is hard when we offer help and it is not appreciated or reciprocated.
Kōkua aku, kōkua mai. Pēlā ka nohona ‘ohana.
Mahalo nui, Kalahou, the cultural component of adult children living at home, everyone working together.
It's nice to help out loved ones when you feel appreciated.
So true Okie. It is a different feeling altogether, than that old feeling of dread, and wondering how things will work out. Thanks Okie for your kind words.
I'm sending you good thoughts and positive energy.
Thank you Tanya, your good thoughts, positivity and encouragement mean so much.

I am so very grateful for the kindness and caring here on CD.

Certainly, I would not have fared well these past five months without this forum.

Thank you all very, very much.

(((HUGS)))
leafy