another funny from my grandkid

muttmeister

When I was a kid I had a kid's cookbook with simple recipes like Little Lamb's Chocolate Milk (the recipe was: fill a glass with milk. Add 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup. Stir), etc. Each recipe was accompanied by a cute picture and a story. Cinnamon Toast, broiled in the oven, was Ronnie Rooster's Cinnamon Toast. When my kids were growing up, we mad Ronnie Rooster Toast a lot. When difficult child 1 was probably 18, he had a friend here and made him Ronnie Rooster toast. Then he had to explain why he called it that. That was a funny in itself.
Anyway, I made some for granddaughter one time when she was here. We read the story and she did most of the "recipe." So she was here Thursday night and I was busy and not paying too much attention and she said, "Grandma, I want some of that chicken toast.";) It took me a minute to figure out that she was talking about Ronnie Rooster toast.
I guess every family has its own funnies but I thought that was good for a laugh.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: That's precious! Cluck, cluck. Do you still have the cook book? That would be a wonderful "heirloom" to pass down. :D

muttmeister

Yes, I still have the book and I imagine she'll get it one day. The copyright is 1952. In addition to the recipes I mentioned it has Honey Bear's Honey Drink, Quacky Duck's Tea Party Fancy (peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut out in cute shapes with cooky cutters), Humpty Dumpty's Pear Salad (pear half decorated to look like a face),Bunny Rabbit's' Tossed Salad, Kitty Kitten's Snickerdoodle Cream (iced cream in a cantaloupe half), Franny Frog's Lily Dessert (green Jell-o with whipped cream), Pixie's Marshmallow Delight (S'mores), Dicky Dog's Hot Cocoa Special, Teddy Turtle's Eggs Mixer-roo (scrambled eggs), and Porky's Burger Buns (kinda like sloppy joes only simpler). No wonder I like to eat now if that is what I was doing when I was 5. LOL