Another good update....

toughlovin

Hi all,

Just thought I would give another update. My difficult child is continuing to do well in the program he is in!! I saw him last night and he is doing well, he is now doing some of the resident supervision jobs and is doing well at it! His attitude seems good and I just have the sense the program gets him... I am learning some things about him that I hadnt really realized before... like he is shyer than I ever understood and uncomfortable in bigger groups. Maybe because as a kid he acted out when he was uncomfortable and later on just used drugs that I didnt get that.

Anyway it is nice to start getting to know him now that he is sober and has been for awhile and seems to be in a safe environement for him.

So it is one day at a time but I am continuing to feel hopeful and am getting more comfortable with that hope. :)

I cant believe it he has been there since October!! And stayed!

TL

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

Childofmine

one day at a time
It is great to hear this, TL. Hugs and best wishes to you and difficult child continue. Also prayers.

Interesting about the shy and big groups observation. My difficult child is the same. I do believe that was a trigger for him in using through the years---to feel more comfortable in his own skin and with other people.

Sadly, that can be just recreation for many people, but not for my difficult child. He has the addiction biochemistry.

The book, When the Servant Becomes the Master, has helped me a great deal. I am still reading it, but it is good.

Best to you this day!

PatriotsGirl

SO happy he is experiencing a better life!!! I SOOO understand the whole getting to know them thing - my overly cautious husband is now the first to tell anyone that our daughter has truly, completely changed. :)

Thank you for updating!

Nancy

Wow TL that is good news. So many time I have heard addicts say they were not comfortable in their own skin and so they used substances to feel comfortable. Perhaps he is finally beginning to feel comfortable in his skin.

toughlovin

thank you all... I know of anyone... you know exactly how incredible this is!!

And I am also making sure i dont get too excited as we all know things can change in an instant.

But for today things are good.

TL

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app